Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't given this song a name yet or finished writing lyrics for it (hence the reason WHY it doesn't have a name yet), but I think it sounds FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Yeah... especially the end with all the demonic sounding guitars and drums 'n' junk.

The structure is pretty crazy, but vocals should help bridge the parts together a little better.

This was recorded with my Axe-FX through Reaper. I suck at mixing, but I think the tones sound kickass.

Not a song for people who only listen to traditional song structures. :ugh:

SoundClick artist: Eric Fetterman - Eric Fetterman

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. :yesway: That section around 2:43 with those two alternating parts is my favorite part of the song right now.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the song! Really awesome!

I think the hi-hat is a bit too fizzy and maybe also a bit too loud. And I thnk the kick needs to come through just a bit more, but that's just my 2 cents.

What did you use for the drums? Is this EZDrummer DFH?

Great song, man !!!:yesway:
I really like how different parts are alternating.
Thanks. :yesway: Although very few of the riffs are repeated and the structure is kind of unconvential, musically the song is based around certain themes and patterns, which I think makes some very very different parts flow together.

I used EZDrummer DFH for the drums. I agree that the hi-hat might be a bit loud, but I think the kick is pretty loud too. :lol: (Or... really the drums on the whole are pretty loud).

Thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^:lol: True dat. It's a scratch recording and I don't even have vocals yet, but I am totally open to advice on improving recordings for the future if anyone has advice.

So... what did you think, Bob? :lol: ("... it stinks!")

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'd like to hear the guitars higher in the mix mostly because on my system the drums over power the riffs and they are hard for me to hear. i can't tell if the guitars are really scooped or just low int he mix.
I tend to have the drums really loud when I'm recording so that I can hear where everything is located, especially for songs with lots of odd time signatures or unusual syncopation. After recording, I turn the drum volume down, but sometimes I still leave the volume louder than I probably should.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.