Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm no Lyle or Drew, but I've been working on this song since September, and although it's not perfect, I think it's in a releasable shape. Influences are all over the map; from Guthrie Govan to Korn.

I used my RGA121 into a podXT for the guitars; everything else is sampled using Superior Drummer 2, Absynth, Miroslav Philharmonik, and a couple of GarageBand instruments.

Hope you guys like it. :)

https://soundcloud.com/tma87%2Fpassing-by
EDIT: embedded player doesn't seem to be working, so I've added a direct link.

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
That's awesome. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
:yesway: Nice job!

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
I'm on my forth or fifth listen. :yesway:

That's a PodXT? Would you mind posting your patch settings?

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

Pete, I forgot to mention, it's the preamp signal from the podXT running into Recabinet impulses. I'm using the BRIT JM PRE model for everything, with gain at 3 o'clock, bass at 10 o'clock, mid at 1 o'clock, treble at 3 o'clock and presence at 5 o'clock. There's a bit of post-processing EQ in there, too, and delay.

I use a bit of double tracking on some of the leads for that extra depth, though not panned hard left and right. Instead, one track is in the center, the other panned hard left and turned down a notch.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
I'll listen tonight. If you were a Lyle or Drew, we'd be hearing this sometime next July, so whatever. :D

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
I'll listen tonight. If you were a Lyle or Drew, we'd be hearing this sometime next July, so whatever. :D
Next July? :roll2:

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts