Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like they cleaned up the interface a wee. Or maybe I just haven't used it in a while, but I think this is pretty recent, yeah?

·
18,790 Posts
Yeah, I just updated the other day too. The new look threw me off a little, but there's a couple nice new features. I even signed up for Ping, though I still haven't figured out why, or bothered to go back for a second look at it :lol:

The main thing I noticed is that this is the first time I've updated iTunes and had it actually load and run faster and smoother after the update :yesway:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
yeah its definitely running faster than the previous version. it took about 5 minutes of laggylaggy while it updated album artwork to the new cache, and since then its running great

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRG22D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Yeah its definitely faster than 9 was.

·
with a Shotgun
925 Posts
I haven't even noticed it's faster. I guess I'm to used to turn it on then go do something and then get back to it, haha. I like how the album art is shown now. And that the volume knob is a bit bigger, was too small before, almost had trouble adjusting it :p

EDIT: Ok, I tested now. It´s pretty damn fast now. Looks like I don´t have to do something after I open it anymore :lol:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Paul Thurrott, who while knowledgable in MS-related stuff is pretty much a complete Windows fanboy, wrote this about iTunes 10 on Windows:

http://www.winsupersite.com/digitalmedia/itunes10.asp

Does anyone use it on Windows here, and is really that bad? I've been using iTunes for years, before I even had an iPod and before I had a Mac. I never noticed that it was so horrible, and in fact liked how it worked for organizing music. On the other hand, I've always loathed Windows Media Player, and would refuse to use it even if I was on Win7 full-time.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Paul Thurrott, who while knowledgable in MS-related stuff is pretty much a complete Windows fanboy, wrote this about iTunes 10 on Windows:

Does anyone use it on Windows here, and is really that bad? I've been using iTunes for years, before I even had an iPod and before I had a Mac. I never noticed that it was so horrible, and in fact liked how it worked for organizing music. On the other hand, I've always loathed Windows Media Player, and would refuse to use it even if I was on Win7 full-time.
runs fine on win7 for me :shrug:

Also, hes complaining about how out of date it looks and why they cant make it more snazzy? Fuck that, i dont want it more snazzy. i like it stripped and simple

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
runs fine on win7 for me :shrug:

Also, hes complaining about how out of date it looks and why they cant make it more snazzy? Fuck that, i dont want it more snazzy. i like it stripped and simple
So do I. It's a fucking database for music, I don't want pretty. I don't even use coverflow, because I simply don't give a shit. I simply want shit to appear when I start typing in the search bar, which it does. Drag to my favorite over-priced iDevice, and I'm happy! :lol:

·
Plastic bag in the sea
280 Posts

While he is a bit over the top in his opinions, I have to say I agree with most of the stuff he mentioned about the graphical changes. One of the first things I said to myself when I opened the new version was, "Why did they change the volume control? :nuts:"

That being said, it does seem a bit snappier than the last version.

·
18,790 Posts
While he is a bit over the top in his opinions, I have to say I agree with most of the stuff he mentioned about the graphical changes. One of the first things I said to myself when I opened the new version was, "Why did they change the volume control? :nuts:"

I was more confused by the decision to move the maximize/minimize/close buttons.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts

A bigger question is, "does changing the volume control actually change the program's usability for the worse?"

If the answer is "no" (which I think is the case) then who fucking cares if they changed the volume slider? :rofl:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts