Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
USA Soloist? Because they have not gotten cheaper price wise :scratch:

I do like the late 80's early 90's better...but i'm sure that just because that was my era. They do feel better to me though. :shrug:

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Back before fender purchased Jackson the soloist where all pretty consistent in build quality and tone, with the occasional dead sounding one. I remember when Fender first took them over people did not like what they were putting out, but that might have changed by now as they have gotten very consistent with the fender line, even the MIM line.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
USA Soloist? Because they have not gotten cheaper price wise :scratch:

I do like the late 80's early 90's better...but i'm sure that just because that was my era. They do feel better to me though. :shrug:
Almost everyone here will say 80/90's and for good reason. SL_'s from that era slay. My personal favorites are SLSMG's, and Soloist XL's.

·
Registered
4,429 Posts
I had the quicksilver SL2 pro and it was pretty good. Not as fancy as the old ones, as the old ones were MIJ or USA, and the new ones are Indonesian. Soloist XL's are the predecessor to SL1's, or just the Jap version, whichever it may be. But find a soloist XL, and you'll be happy as fuck.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I really wish they'd go back to the short-horn pre-1992 Dinky body style instead of the "bolt-on Soloist" look they've got going now. It was a really great look that better bridged the traditional Strat and the modern Superstrat shapes.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
I really wish they'd go back to the short-horn pre-1992 Dinky body style instead of the "bolt-on Soloist" look they've got going now. It was a really great look that better bridged the traditional Strat and the modern Superstrat shapes.
They should sell both models because I hate those hss 22-fret models :lol:

·
Registered
258 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts