Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
^ That's pretty much *the* definitive site for the Pro Series Jacksons.
The dude that runs Audiozone is an absolute legend Jackson historian. Fucking love that guy. Once I sold a rarer Jackson and wanted to find pictures of it but realized I had deleted them from my hard drive, I went on his site and he had copied them from a thread I posted on JCF and hosted them in the extensive photo section. :lol:

I really wish they'd go back to the short-horn pre-1992 Dinky body style instead of the "bolt-on Soloist" look they've got going now. It was a really great look that better bridged the traditional Strat and the modern Superstrat shapes.
You mean the Charvel 375s and 475s? Those were technically never referred to as "Dinky" in catalogs.

Stealths have the same basic shorter horn shape, though the body is obviously Sabre styled. I miss my Stealth Pro, but I legitimately hated those stubby little horns, it was one of the best bolt ons I have ever played.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

HollowmanPL said:
but the Fusions have the same quality?
Also how about hardware are these jackson bridges good enough? soloist have schallers/folyd rose
Those Schaller OEM bridges found on 90s Jacksons, Charvels, and Hamers are solid. The only thing to watch out for is stripping the soft baseplate with the steel intonation bolts.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm thinking about the Soloist from ebay that has been showed here.
But I'm curious...There's Schaller bridge (there should be 590 originally?) and there are some pickup changes that seller doesn't know more than that the stock pickup has been repleaced with SD's
Is that price good?

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
If you're looking for one, I'm planning on selling mine. I gotta get some recent pics of it, though, since these are two years old and shitty:

It's currently missing the volume knob closest to the bridge; I kept hitting it with my hand, so I removed it and made it one volume and one tone.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
PM sent. It's a great guitar, but after years fighting playing discomfort live, I've realized that Strat shapes just aren't for me. I'm a LP and V guy.

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Damn Dave, that thing is fucking HOT!:eek:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Noodles, that guitar is beautiful. Hate to see such a nice Jackson leave your stable. :(
Oh, it plays like butter and sounds great, but it also just sits around in the case, gathering dust. Division is all seven strings, and I'm playing Les Pauls, the SE245, and the doubleneck Rich in the cover band. I've got a Rhoads Pro that is my go to metal sixer, and I really need to start moving some stuff to recoup the two new guitars and amp I bought at the end of last year. I just wanna see it get played. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Back before fender purchased Jackson the soloist where all pretty consistent in build quality and tone, with the occasional dead sounding one. I remember when Fender first took them over people did not like what they were putting out, but that might have changed by now as they have gotten very consistent with the fender line, even the MIM line.
Every USA I've picked up in the last 3-4 years has been fine. When they first moved to Corona there were some issues (partially with being overwhelmed, I think), but they've definitely worked them out.

Some are still better than others, of course, but it's been a number of years since I played a bad one.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
Oh, it plays like butter and sounds great, but it also just sits around in the case, gathering dust. Division is all seven strings, and I'm playing Les Pauls, the SE245, and the doubleneck Rich in the cover band. I've got a Rhoads Pro that is my go to metal sixer, and I really need to start moving some stuff to recoup the two new guitars and amp I bought at the end of last year. I just wanna see it get played. :yesway:
It lived here for quite a while, and I played it a lot. :yesway:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

If you mean the green/black flip flop, Chris, then you can fuck right off. :lol:

21 - 40 of 48 Posts