Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Almost decent. If it wasn't dark I'd like it. The song is cool though.
As a music fan I'd just prefer a music video to be a video of the band playing the song.

·
Space.
1,411 Posts
Well, since you're sitting there with them, do us a solid and ask them where the fuck the song title came from. :lol:
It's an Albert Schweitzer quote.

"Revenge… is like a rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill, will return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

I don't understand how this keeps people engaged. After two minutes, I shut it off, since it was going nowhere.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
It fits the music, i'll give it that. It's just that the music happens to be really repetitive. The song itself isn't bad, but if the music isn't going to progress too much, then the visual aspect definitely has to.

I just prefer the aggression on Obzen over the darker ambience on this album. "Bleed" had multiple changes, was angry as fuck, and the video itself was actually visually stimulating.

Just my :2c:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

I don't understand how this keeps people engaged. After two minutes, I shut it off, since it was going nowhere.
This album for one reason or another is getting a lot of playtime for me lately. They're doing their thing, and it's working. I think this song is awesome. :yesway:

·
Super Moderator
2,037 Posts
I'm digging the new album a lot. If you listen to a bit of Meshuggah, you can totally feel the progression of this album away from the last couple years worth of albums.

The jams are faster on a lot of tracks, more violent, and all around fatter heavier riffage. I dig. :yesway:

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
^

What he said. Especially the fatter, heavier riffage. I'm not even a huge fan of Meshuggah (I like some of their songs, not albums), but the new album fucking rules. Hell yes it does. :metal:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts