Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chris, after a month or two of cajoling, won out; I ditched the shitty Apple mouse for the Naga. Shitty cell phone pic:

I'm still getting used to the thumb buttons, but it's getting easier. My wizard is still a two hand character because often while fighting I'm holding shift to stay in place, but I'm getting closer to the point where I'll be able to run around and type at the same time.

Next up - a mouse pad that isn't falling apart. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
For some reason I didn't have you down as that much of a gamer.

A bit excessive, but I can certainly see its uses. WoW, I assume?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For some reason I didn't have you down as that much of a gamer.

A bit excessive, but I can certainly see its uses. WoW, I assume?
I'm really not a gamer. :lol: All I really play is Diablo III and Minecraft. :lol:

Part of Chris's argument was the numbered keypad under your thumb is also super useful for Reaper macros - set 1 to create and arm a new track, 2 to undo a take, etc. I'll have to fuck with that some more. I used to own an earlier version of this mouse, though, and it was super comfortable and the Apple mouse REALLY sucks, so...

Edit - besides, blinkie lights. The logo glows on and off. TOAN, bitches!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
What do you need Reaper shortcuts/macros for?

You're better off doing things the long way anyway.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't tell if this is a recording joke or not.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
I can't tell if this is a recording joke or not.
It's always a recording joke :lol:

I have that mouse, and you can set up the Apple shortcuts to the number pad which is also useful, such as app expose, and cmd+q etc etc.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
if your Naga craps out on you (and it will eventually) Look into the Logitech G600, it's larger, better quality and easier to track what button you're pressing.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
My last Naga lasted me a damn long time, and I just got the "2014" version as well. I like it, but I really wish Razer would drop the stupid fucking X-Games style nonsense from their installers and software and just bundle a pro looking utility that works. Synapse is wonky at best.

I like the mouse itself, and after some fiddling I got it configured the way I like it. Just wish it was a bit heavier.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Part of Chris's argument was the numbered keypad under your thumb is also super useful for Reaper macros - set 1 to create and arm a new track, 2 to undo a take, etc.
Shit, I really want one of those now. That would be a massive time-saver.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Hell yeah, more blinky lights!

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
My last Naga lasted me a damn long time, and I just got the "2014" version as well. I like it, but I really wish Razer would drop the stupid fucking X-Games style nonsense from their installers and software and just bundle a pro looking utility that works. Synapse is wonky at best.

I like the mouse itself, and after some fiddling I got it configured the way I like it. Just wish it was a bit heavier.
Next time your naga goes out try a G600

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I didn't even bother with Synapse. Seems to work perfectly without it.

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
I nearly got one of these to play swtor. Then I realised it would effectively put a 75% mark up on the price of a whole year of swtor and I hope I'm bored of it by then anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts