Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not even kind of a basketball fan, but this is just all sorts of stupid.

NBA world abuzz about new technical foul rules - NBA - Sporting News

New NBA rules target the whiners and gripers - Game On!: Covering the Latest Sports News

While I agree that there is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much complaining, showboating, fouling and otherwise ridiculous nonsense in the NBA (seriously, the foul shit is out of control), these are the new rules:

The league will target the bad actors with these new infractions, all of which will draw a technical:

• Making aggressive gestures, including air punches, anywhere on the court.
  • Disagreeing with the ref in an overt manner, the whole look of amazement genre.
  • Running directly at a ref to complain.
  • Dragging out the postmortem of a foul call with continued questions, even if it's done politely.
  • Any body language that indicates the call is being protested.
All of the attached pics are now technical foul-able. :lol:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I remember thinking this was just as stupid when they did it to football. What fun is sports without trash talking?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember thinking this was just as stupid when they did it to football. What fun is sports without trash talking?
I can't even watch the NBA because it's so stupid now with all of the fouling. Seeing all these marquee players make millions to dive on the ground clutching their ankle screaming in agony, only to miraculously recover as soon as the foul is called - that happens just about every 1.9 seconds in basketball.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Damn, why don't they just throw in the fair police while they're at it??

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
I can't even watch the NBA because it's so stupid now with all of the fouling. Seeing all these marquee players make millions to dive on the ground clutching their ankle screaming in agony, only to miraculously recover as soon as the foul is called - that happens just about every 1.9 seconds in basketball.
You mean when they're not scooping the ball, taking five steps, charging through a wall of defenders, and slamming it?

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
You think this is bad? Wait until you see the list of technical fouls for the 2011-2012 season. Infringements include:

*smiling
*frowning
*visible signs of pain without prior doctor authorization
*slumping or holding your head in your hands on the sidelines
*coming within ten feet of a referee
*raising your voice, even to speak to another teammate
*making any reference to age, sex, race, orientation, or religious views
*using your salad fork during the main course
*tattoos not making reference to any corporation not on the Approved Sponsor List

I tell ya, guys, you haven't seen nothing yet. :(

Reactions: noodles
1 - 9 of 9 Posts