Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Listened to this last night. Pretty awesome :metal:

Don't know what I think of the "clean" singing yet though.

And yeah, cosmogenesis was really overrated. It's an excellent album, but the necrophagist fanboys who discovered it and loved it for being "OMG an album that is by ex necrophagist members" kind of killed a lot of the appeal :lol:

Obscura>necrophagist

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Listened to this last night. Pretty awesome :metal:

Don't know what I think of the "clean" singing yet though.

And yeah, cosmogenesis was really overrated. It's an excellent album, but the necrophagist fanboys who discovered it and loved it for being "OMG an album that is by ex necrophagist members" kind of killed a lot of the appeal :lol:

Obscura>necrophagist
Agreed.

·
I dislike Porcupine Tree.
189 Posts
I also was not very fond of Cosmogenesis (Anti-Cosmic Overload in particular was pretty meh), but this... this is just awesome. Has a lot of Spawn of Possession vibes. I just might buy it.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Obscura should be considered awesome solely on the grounds of their cover of god of emptiness (if nothing else :lol:)

HOLY. FUCK. :metal:

edit: WTF is this weird version of their GOE cover? Is the real one no longer on youtube?

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
I listened to this yesterday and liked some of it, but got turned off by the singing. The bass tone didn't make me cringe as much as it did on Cosmogensis until it broke down.

The bassist is a monster, but I just can't get past the tone for some reason.

Besides that, the acoustic intro was cool and when it got fast, was also really cool.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Obscura is definitely the best out of the newer breed of Tech. DM bands (aside from Origin, who have been around quite a bit longer).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts