Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep seeing pieces on this. It's great that a version of "The Ultimate Sin" is going to be back in print, after the lack of availability that has been going on forever, but in all the pieces I've seen on this it doesn't bother to mention whether Blizzard, etc. features the original drums and bass.

https://loudwire.com/ozzy-osbourne-vinyl-box-set-see-you-on-the-other-side/

At $500 it's not like I'm getting one, but I am interested to know if the powers that be touting this as a "legit OG" kind of product actually went through all the trouble of pressing new vinyl releases of albums with replaced tracks. :lol:

I also enjoyed this phoned in enthusiasm. Like he can hear anything anymore. :lol:

·
This space for rent
1,482 Posts
If I wanted augmented reality Ozzy, I'd drop acid and listen to Sabbath instead.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
:salute:

I don't care about new original anything from him because the last relevant Ozzy album was made in 1991. I'd like to hear any cool b-sides from the early Zakk days though. :yesway:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:salute:

I don't care about new original anything from him because the last relevant Ozzy album was made in 1991. I'd like to hear any cool b-sides from the early Zakk days though. :yesway:
None of the material is new, the box set as a product is new, and curiously for a $500 product, information about exactly how the new vinyl versions differ from other pressings is absent.

I would be interested in a new pressing/mix/master of No Rest For the Wicked, since that is the best Ozzy album, and it suffers from a "vintage" mix/master, and not in the good way.

No Rest For the Wicked is a way better album than No More Tears, but No More Tears is better sonically, I've always been interested in hearing a version of No Rest For The Wicked that doesn't suffer from the uninspiring mix.

There's some news worthy elements to it as well, in that "The Ultimate Sin" has been disowned and out of print for fucking ever, in spite of the fact that it has some great material.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
NRFTW does have Devil's Daughter, with Wylde doing surprising and tasteful solos before going full pentatonic madman

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Every used-record store in America has, like, 50,000 copies of his good albums (although, was No More Tears even released on vinyl originally?), and they're probably $2.00 each. Search around and you can probably find a clean copy of all of them. The later albums are shite. $500? That's just fucking stupid.

As for the first two albums, I believe the replaced bass/drum parts were a temporary thing. Didn't they already release re-reissues with Daisley/Kerslake restored?

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
As for the first two albums, I believe the replaced bass/drum parts were a temporary thing. Didn't they already release re-reissues with Daisley/Kerslake restored?
The last round of remasters had the original tracks restored. Plus, the "Diary" disc has a live show that's considerably better - albeit with a few more mistakes - than "Tribute".

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Plus, the "Diary" disc has a live show that's considerably better - albeit with a few more mistakes - than "Tribute".
I didn't realize that. Sort of puts the lie to the story Ozzy gave back when Tribute was released that "these are the only live tapes I had with Randy."

I tried to avoid brickwalled remasters (which I assume this is), but I might have to grab that. I wish they had included the live "You Said It All" track on the expanded Blizzard of Ozz release--I assume that will be on the vinyl box set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts