Metalguitarist.org banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
Guitars.
39,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while since I tried something completely new in my gear setup, so I took a cue from the various pedal nuts on here and figured I'd get something that I wouldn't normally go for.

I'm not sure quite how this will work with my current setup since it's such a drastic departure from AW FUCK THAT SHIT BROS ITS ANOTHER STROBOSTOMP WOOOOOO HOOOOO FUCKING STROBE MY BALLS YOU BUNCH OF FLATULENT ASSBAGS YEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWW! :scream:

:winning:

·
Registered
21,674 Posts
Where’s the MXR M300? In the loop? All you need now is a good wah, and you’re set!

·
Administrator
Guitars.
39,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's an FM3 in the loop of the SLO now. :lol:

I moved the analog stuff to my least played amp (the mark V). They're all decent pedals (I have an MXR delay, chorus and a reverb for it) but at the end of the day the Fractal just destroys them.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,732 Posts
Get a pedalboard patchbay with locking jacks on your tuner board and relocate it to the side. Although you'll need a top mounted one for the flat metro models.

Having to reach up through pedals and carefully inserting a right angle jack into your prized Strobostomp collection for the three on the left is the worst.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,697 Posts
I wanted to pun but Im tuning out...

·
Super Moderator
23,430 Posts
Get a pedalboard patchbay with locking jacks on your tuner board and relocate it to the side. Although you'll need a top mounted one for the flat metro models.

Having to reach up through pedals and carefully inserting a right angle jack into your prized Strobostomp collection for the three on the left is the worst.

I used the Temple Audio 4-jack patchbay for a similar effect. Located in about the same place. It was a huge efficiency bump in my setup/teardown time :yesway:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
What are you using to power 'em all? I'm getting to the point where the spaghetti mess of boss power adapters is a nuisance and need to start considering a different option.

Been considering this, but mainly cause they keep spamming me with FB ads. :lol:

Donner DP1

·
Imp Slap
2,033 Posts
What are you using to power 'em all? I'm getting to the point where the spaghetti mess of boss power adapters is a nuisance and need to start considering a different option.

Been considering this, but mainly cause they keep spamming me with FB ads. :lol:

Donner DP1
I have that power supply and am not too excited about it. The cables are all the same length and they have one straight end and one right angle end. The straight ends are pretty long, so you need a lot of clearance in front of the pedal for the cables. So it hasn't done a whole lot to clean up my board.

Also, it's basically a fancy-looking OneSpot wall wart. Even when I make sure the pedals are all within the ma requirements for each output, I still get a lot of noise whenever I have digital pedals in the chain (to the point where I thought the tubes were going bad).

If you want a slightly neater OneSpot, it works, but otherwise, I'd say just go with a proper power supply. That Donner doesn't actually get you the clean power of a serious one. I'm planning on buying this one: https://www.amazon.ca/Power-Supply-Spot-CS6-Isolated/dp/B076THJ1V9/ref=sr_1_4?crid=R9RTF7O92RQ1&dchild=1&keywords=one+spot+cs6&qid=1613570411&sprefix=onespot%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-4

·
Registered
21,674 Posts

Donner DP1
Don't get the Donner. It's not a true isolated power supply.Spend the money and get a Truetone, VoodooLab, or even MXR.

·
Registered
21,674 Posts
There's an FM3 in the loop of the SLO now. :lol:

I moved the analog stuff to my least played amp (the mark V). They're all decent pedals (I have an MXR delay, chorus and a reverb for it) but at the end of the day the Fractal just destroys them.
As much as I loved the tones of the FM3, I hate dealing with MFX for amps. I'd rather just use pedals. I know that's weird, but I like keeping them separate. The delays and verbs are killer though, for sure.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,732 Posts

Donner DP1
I like T-Rex fuel tanks the best. I've had three of them. Awesome proper pedal supplies.

There are a bunch of companies that make good ones though. Too many to list.

If you're getting one make sure the outputs are isolated. On modern gear it may not even make a difference, but considering it's like a $10-15 price difference it's a no brainer if you are already getting a proper power supply. There are a couple of the bigger companies like MXR that have multiple models, and the ones that are $15 cheaper or whatever aren't isolated outputs. I would just spring the extra $20 or whatever and get the ISO brick over the DC brick in a case like MXRs models.

Walrus also makes an awesome newer one. Strymon makes them as well. I have a J Rockett one which is cool. EHX just announced a new one and I am a huge EHX fan. Voodoo is probably the oldest standby you'll see everywhere.

May not even make a difference for you though. They can make a difference, but it can be a snobbery thing too. I know a ton of people from all sorts of demographics who never bother going beyond daisy chaining.

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'll keep shopping then and ignore the Donner spam ads. :lol:

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,829 Posts
But why, as in, seriously, why?

I mean, you don't have to be embarressed that you subscribed to a tuner pedal on amazon and have forgotten your login and can't stop them from turning up...

send one to me. I could do with a decnt floor based tuner :D

·
Administrator
Guitars.
39,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But why, as in, seriously, why?

I mean, you don't have to be embarressed that you subscribed to a tuner pedal on amazon and have forgotten your login and can't stop them from turning up...

send one to me. I could do with a decnt floor based tuner :D
Because one day there may come a time when I have to play 5 rigs at once. And tune them. And when that day comes, I will be ready.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts