Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I don't get it. I've tried to like Periphery on so many occasions and I just cannot get into them. That song sounds like a boyband from the 90's with 7 strings. At least the video was entertaining. :shrug:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Dude there are a lot of people here that aren't terribly fond of periphery.

They didn't really feel a need to comment on the video though :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
It just seems that everyone is saying, "OMFG d00d, Periphery and Karnivool are amazing, best stuff ever" and I wholeheartedly disagree. I'm also not trying to derail, I just find the music boring.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't get it. I've tried to like Periphery on so many occasions and I just cannot get into them. That song sounds like a boyband from the 90's with 7 strings. At least the video was entertaining. :shrug:
See, Periphery's always been more about melody and sounding "epic" than sounding "brootalz", which is where a lot of people misinterpret them.

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It just seems that everyone is saying, "OMFG d00d, Periphery and Karnivool are amazing, best stuff ever" and I wholeheartedly disagree. I'm also not trying to derail, I just find the music boring.
And you have every right to disagree. These are opinions, not facts, and everyone has their own :yesway:

Periphery and Karnivool will very rarely appeal to death metal/brutal metal fans. It's just not what they're all about. Just like Shania Twain won't appeal to a Sex Pistols fan. That's the beauty of music: everyone has their own taste and opinions, and everyone's wrong but you :D

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
That was a very well made video for Periphery!

I like Periphery because they are different then the brootalz all the time but honestly i prefer TesseracT more.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
See, Periphery's always been more about melody and sounding "epic" than sounding "brootalz", which is where a lot of people misinterpret them.
I understand that. Trying to be as br00talz as possible is the stupidest thing I've ever heard in music. I just don't get along with the sound. I think the musicians are great, but the music is just terrible. :cool:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Periphery plays what they love, and cheers to them for it. Video is awesome, and so is their album. :metal:

Every mention of them doesn't need to turn into a shitfest. If you don't like it, right on, music is subjective. People like Meshuggah. Some people don't. People like Britney Spears. Some people don't.

"One of us" put out a sick album and their band is taking off. I say rock the fuck on.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
And you have every right to disagree. These are opinions, not facts, and everyone has their own :yesway:

Periphery and Karnivool will very rarely appeal to death metal/brutal metal fans. It's just not what they're all about. Just like Shania Twain won't appeal to a Sex Pistols fan. That's the beauty of music: everyone has their own taste and opinions, and everyone's wrong but you :D
I'm not really a fan of brutal death metal. I still like Gorguts, Death, etc. guys, but that's a phase I shudder to look back on and those bands are not considered brutal. Mostly it's black metal, prog rock, folk music, most instrumental jazz, post rock, whatever. :yesway:

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Periphery plays what they love, and cheers to them for it. Video is awesome, and so is their album. :metal:

Every mention of them doesn't need to turn into a shitfest. If you don't like it, right on, music is subjective. People like Meshuggah. Some people don't. People like Britney Spears. Some people don't.

"One of us" put out a sick album and their band is taking off. I say rock the fuck on.
:metal::scream::metal:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'm not really a fan of brutal death metal. I still like Gorguts, Death, etc. guys, but that's a phase I shudder to look back on and those bands are not considered brutal. Mostly it's black metal, prog rock, folk music, most instrumental jazz, post rock, whatever. :yesway:
Brutal is as silly a term as wtfevercore, the 92 different kinds of rap and the people who endlessly argue the difference between speed metal, thrash metal, speedy thrash metal, and thrashy speedy metal.

It's all just metal. :metal:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Brutal is as silly a term as wtfevercore, the 92 different kinds of rap and the people who endlessly argue the difference between speed metal, thrash metal, speedy thrash metal, and thrashy speedy metal.

It's all just metal. :metal:
:agreed: I have 2 genres: music I like, and music I don't like, and even that has a blurry line separating the two :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I figured they would have released All New Materials next.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts