Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Black Metal Bunny
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you remember from my other thread, I had a standard spaced pickup in the bridge position which I exchanged and that is all looking better.

I got Evolution pickups and knobs and cover from All Parts. The knobs fit decently but they don't seem like they are on completely, like almost entirely. And the ostentatious lid totally didn't fit at all, like there were two ways to put it on, and one way was way too open, and the other way was way too snug, so I had to put a piece of tape on top of the metal part and kind of help it on that way.

The pickups sound nice but the single coil is really quiet compared to the others, even though it is much higher and the end ones are much lower. I might have to adjust it more.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Hideous :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
A singlecoil will never be ablew to keep up with the Evolutions - they're way too hot. Your best bet will be, depending how your guitar is wired, either getting the in-between positions (2 and 4) to sound balanced (if it's wired neck humbucker in position 1 and then one coil of the humbucker and the middle pickup in position 2) or if you have position 1 as full neck humbucker in series and position 2 as neck humbucker in parallel, then getting position 2 and position 3 (the singlecoil) balanced.

Even finding something that can keep up with the way-softer AT1 I have in my Strat's bridge has been a bloody nightmare. :lol:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Sweet fuck that wouldn't look out of place at a rave or under black lights. And just like going to a rave I have this strange urge that something's not right.

·
Black Metal Bunny
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A singlecoil will never be ablew to keep up with the Evolutions - they're way too hot. Your best bet will be, depending how your guitar is wired, either getting the in-between positions (2 and 4) to sound balanced (if it's wired neck humbucker in position 1 and then one coil of the humbucker and the middle pickup in position 2) or if you have position 1 as full neck humbucker in series and position 2 as neck humbucker in parallel, then getting position 2 and position 3 (the singlecoil) balanced.

Even finding something that can keep up with the way-softer AT1 I have in my Strat's bridge has been a bloody nightmare. :lol:
It's an Evolution single coil.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts