Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally grabbed a 500-series chassis (the Midas) and a pair of CAPI V28s. I've barely gotten a chance to check them out, so for now this is mostly aqn excuse to share a picture:

CAPI preamp.JPG

So far though they seem cool - a surprisingly audibly different flavor than the BAE below them. They seem to sound rather nice on guitars if you push the preamp gain, but I was drinking tequila while trying this, so take it with a margarita-sized pile of grains of salt. More thoughts to come once I get some time with them. :yesway:

I was a little worried about the Midas, as they're now owned by Behringer, but it feels very sturdy.

EDIT - not sure why that's displaying sideways, but whatever.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Have fun with it!

I'm surrounded by 500 series gear right now and I don't know what does what, just that it's quality stuff :lol:.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh god, you're getting into 500 stuff? Godspeed.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I have 8 more spaces I can fill. God have mercy on my soul. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For now. :lol:
What the fuck would I do with an analogue synth? :lol: I'd rather fuck with guitar tracks to make those sounds!

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Sounds to me like you need some fun filter and distortion modules. And wouldn't it be fun if you could have them react to each other, or be envelope controlled?
Perhaps even laid out in a linear manner, with keys of black and white to differentiate between the sharp notes?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sounds to me like you need some fun filter and distortion modules. And wouldn't it be fun if you could have them react to each other, or be envelope controlled?
What the fuck would I do with that? :lol:

Next up is probably either another pair of preamps, or a pair of EQs. At some point a stereo compressor or pair of mono ones, but the sound I really would want while tracking is an opto, and stereo opto compression is NOT cheap. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts