Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this late 70s- early 80s strat body kicking around and lots of extra parts. So I decided im going to buy a new neck and black pick guard and some other misc parts and make me an Adrian Smith clone. So far I have one coat of paint on. Waiting for it to fully cure so I can and fill a couple small low spots I missed and Hit it with a couple more coats.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Vintage trem was just there so i could see it with a little bit of black hardware Plan on getting a floyd for it.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update on progress

Been working on this slowly letting paint cure properly. But got the paint to where I like it and its cured enough for final polish. Probably wont clear coat it I used gloss paint. Waiting on my SDX neck and floyd trem to go on here. Just ordered a Dragon fire pre loaded pickguard to get started with. I have tons of other pickups in my parts collection and will probably just end up ordering an air classic for the bridge and some yjm furies to go in the single coils.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not sure of the sdx width but hopping it fits. Im not sure what body it is that I started with but its believed to be early-mid 80s possibly late 70s Neck pocket is 2 1/4 though. The guitar had some excel single coils in it and a 1984 schaller hot stuff pickup when It was given to me.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought about doing the Jake E lee but Ive got fixed bridges covered maybe next project. I do like the slanted single coils in the Jake E lee.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Well, you could do a pseudo-Jake with a trem instead of a hardtail. Just do a rosewood board, white painted headstock face and the reverse-slanted singles.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, you could do a pseudo-Jake with a trem instead of a hardtail. Just do a rosewood board, white painted headstock face and the reverse-slanted singles.
Good call I did have the option of the rosewood fretboard SDX neck. Im a sucker for maple fretboards this was my last project . EVH bumble bee clone.

Attachments

·
Forum MVP
4,767 Posts
Thats gonna be cool, I really need to do a Warmoth build I always babble about and stop being a puss.

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thats gonna be cool, I really need to do a Warmoth build I always babble about and stop being a puss.
just give me your funds . you know im good for it and will obsese for days and nights and produce you a killer guitar a week later lol

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Hahah we're apparantly all in the same boat!

I've got these parts incoming from Warmoth as we speak, should arrive in 3-4 weeks:

I absolutely fucking ADORE white/black strats. My main guitar is almost like this, but with maple fretboard just like yours.

Will you have a decked mount Floyd, recessed or "semi-floating"?

A friend "hired" me to build a partscaster for him a year ago or so, it's a Warmoth neck, Cort body and Gotoh Floyd I installed myself.
It's decked and dive-only, and the tuning stability was SOLID. Like, I played and dived and did all crazy things for half an hour and all strings
were still on green... Not so much luck with blocked dive-only recessed floyds tho?! :scratch:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts