Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today is the release date of our newest record, we did a Split-EP (with another austrian band, All Falls Down from Wels, Upper Austria), 6 tracks - 3 tracks by each band, released via unundeux records (label run by the guys from Japanische Kampfhörspiele, if some of you know them), and we uploaded one of the tracks on myspace, facebook, reverbnation, and youtube.

anyway - less talk, more rock:

"I would like to kiss you, but there is a needle in your arm"

Any comments, everything from "thats the gayest shit i've ever heard" over "lol @ rar rar death death" to "awesome!" and everything between, is veryvery welcome.

For the CD: at the moment only available in Europe, via AMAZON or at the label shop UNUNDEUX or directly from me.

Looking to get the stuff available in the states asap.

Thanks for checking us out!

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Dude, I gotta throw up huge props. This isn't my favorite style of metal, but I know what you are going for, and you nailed it. Production sounds good. The songs still groove even though it is techy, vocals aren't just all gutterals. I really like his mid range scream.

Great stuff duder!

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will put a wav of it online in the next days, yes. :)

Dude, I gotta throw up huge props. This isn't my favorite style of metal, but I know what you are going for, and you nailed it. Production sounds good. The songs still groove even though it is techy, vocals aren't just all gutterals. I really like his mid range scream.

Great stuff duder!
Thanks mate!!

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
This is great, I had no idea you played this kind of stuff dude! :metal:

Just not too huge of your vocalist and that 0000-000-0000-000-0-0-00000.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Inward screams :noway: :lol:

Sounds good dude. My only criticism is the doorknocker drumming that ruins a few parts. At 18 seconds in, that riff is just killed dead by the really static drums. Doubly frustrating because he can clearly do better than that as you hear later on! That kick is ridiculous. :lol: Other than that it sounds chunky. Liking it! :)

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
"thats the gayest shit i've ever heard"
"lol @ rar rar death death"
"awesome!"

No, really its awesome man. :yesway::cool:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I clicked play and all of my plants in my house died. I would have watered them, but I was too busy looking for a bandana to tie around my head so that I could windmill.

Not my type of music, but well done and congrats man! :metal:

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for the feedback guys, i really apprecciate that! :metal:

Sounds good dude. My only criticism is the doorknocker drumming that ruins a few parts. At 18 seconds in, that riff is just killed dead by the really static drums. Doubly frustrating because he can clearly do better than that as you hear later on! That kick is ridiculous. :lol: Other than that it sounds chunky. Liking it! :)
Thanks man - and YES, he really can do better. The funny thing is - i didnt hear that when we were recording it, not when mixing it, not when lsitening to the different test-master-versions...as soon as i recieved the real pressed CD - there it was.

I dont even really know HOW that happened - because we acutally re-recorded that track, but only guitars and bass - drums and vocals are from a previous session, and when i listen to THAT version - its ultra-tight. I remember when the studio guy importet the drum- and vocal tracks the other studio sent us (from the old session), there were some weird things going on because he (and also myself, for the DI-tracks i prepare at home) records everything in 48 kHz / 24 bit - and the old session was 44.1 kHz (tough, we clearly advised the guy back then to record in 48/24, as we knew we wanted to re-use that), so the drums and vocals were higher and faster, and i guess this either is a weird effect of the tracks being converted, or its simply that the other (old) producer was more of a "yeah, that was already okay, i'll work with that" - kinda guy.

But then again i was right - i was never a fan of the good old "we'll fix that in the mix" - but instead play it until its tight. This is what happens when its "fixed in the mix". Because in the later session, it didnt - and we forgot.

For the kick: We triggered it and ended up re-sampling it with one of the Steven Slate samples. Its insane. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts