Frets: Jumbo frets
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Inlay: Pearl dot inlay
Bridge: Edge Zero II-7 w/ZPS3Fe
NeckPU: AH17
BridgePU: AH27
HW Color: BK
Finishes: BK

Plus AMS has them for $500 bucks. About the same price as the RG7321FM.

The main thing I want to know is what the fuck is a Edge Zero-II with ZPS3Fe? does that mean it has the same system as the S7420 has ??:confused:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Isn't there a Schecter or LTD in that price range? If you're used to playing a Carpenter, then you probably won't like basswood. Either way, the RG73xx series tends to be pretty shitty, and I think you can do better for the money. I'd buy an Agile before a RG73xx.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the sc8 is the first SC g guitar I have ever played lol. But You I have had an Ash bodied 7 for a while and now the Schecter A7 so I'm more usd to the denser woods I guess.

And I think the Damien Elite 7s are about that much. and are mahogany and have some what decent pickups in them lol

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Why are you looking at these, anyway? Looking for a cheap 7 with a trem?
well Down the road I want to get something with a trem :lol: 6 or 7. But the girlfriend won't let me spend much for a while since I droped the cash on the SC8 only about 3 weeks ago :lol:

the other option I COULD do is to have that fucking kahler installed then buy the missing locking pin screw thing and the arm..But dont really want to deal with routing it and having all black hardware BUT the Kahler :lol:

But yeah for a 7 with a trem I am thinking that Schecter or Agile will have to be the way I go if I decide to get a 7 later on.

Mainly I was just wondering what you guys thought of the RG7320 and its specs, and what the hell that trem is basicly.

Also, the S7420 is only about 200 more then the rg7320 :shrug: I'm trying to figure out why that is still only $699 but everything else seems to be getting more added on to their prices...

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Things I hate about it:

Mcdonalds yellow fretboard
The high E is close to the edge of the fretboard, but I got past that after 4 weeks
Stupid inlays
Stupid switch/knob placement (if you have riffs that use a lot of tapping/sweeping and like to switch between neck/bridge pup this will piss you off)
I wish it was a bolt on

·
In brightest day...
422 Posts
The trem isn't the same thing as on the s7420. That guitar has the ZR trem. This is a new trem, it just shares the same spring system thing in the back. So think of this as the 7 string version of the new Edge Zero 2 trems on the Premium line. They are supposed to be a lot nicer than the Edge III shit.

$500 is a bit much, imo. I'd go to a store and try it out for awhile first to see if the trem is reliable. Of course it probably won't come setup too well out of the box. So maybe buy it on a site that has a 45 day return policy? You could always see if you like it or set it up to your taste. If you don't like it, return it and go else where.

Just for a positive note, I really enjoy my 7321. It may still not be the best guitar, but I enjoy playing it. I like the neck profile and I have modded it more towards my liking. On another note though, I got mine brand new for about $250 so I felt it was worth it. Just go try one. You never know, you might be surprised.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
i quit getting trems unless they are surefire proven trems. otherwise they always cheap out on the metal. the zr trem rules, but they made it out of cheap metal that breaks so its a moot point weather it was a great design or not

1 - 20 of 27 Posts