Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trigger Chris content :lol:

Sold off a bunch stuff I wasn't using (Bias Head, Headrush 112, JCM800, some others). Got on the FM3 waiting list, in the meantime I picked up a Nux MG-300. Actually really cool multieffect especially for the price, tons of functionality for the price ($150!). Unfortunately I needed recording interface functionality, and the Nux has it but it didn't play nice with my other devices. Sold that off and found a deal on a non-headphone FM3 to tide me over until my space in line. Killer unit :yesway:

Also picked up the Line 6 Powercab. I know Budda is familiar with these, the main thing is that they're an actually pretty classy looking FRFR in their own right but functionally does some cool stuff. The speaker sim (as opposed to cabinet sims) are hyped for sounding more like an amp in the room, and they seriously do, it's killer. Liked the base model so much, I got a Powercab 112 Plus for some added speaker sims and to be able to run the FM3 stereo with two different speaker models at once. Sounds and works great.

Best rig I've had. Super flexible, great for jamming and recording. FM3 does a ton, and it's compact. Haven't had any necessity in additional buttons but the FC6 is a neat option.

Anyway, here it is with my Uglyberger

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nerdy rig, so a nerdy guitar seemed appropriate. :lol:

Anyway these Powercabs are fucking sick. I wish the 212 wasn't so stupid overpriced because stereo with two different speaker models in the same box would be great. But as it is you can get two 112s for less than the 212, so why bother?

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Nice! The PowerCabs look solid too.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks folks. I'm very happy with the Powercabs, they sound great and they look classy. My only critique is that the round over on the edges is VERY sharp (think like the edges of an RG), so even the most minor bump causes the tolex to fray

@budda
Guy who had the FM3 before me already loaded it up with the Leon presets, so I lucked out :lol: I am really impressed with all the stockers though.

Best bellwether on how accurate the Fractal modeling is the fact the clean channel on the 5150 still sounds like shit.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
My iii was used and the previous owner left me some paid presets to try. I didnt know i was missing factory presets until months later :lol:. I have a bunch of LT ones on hand, but I'll probably delete a few as I dont use them.

Burgs also makes some great presets (i believe thats his handle on axe edit).

If I can find a cheap enough iii, my brother will switch from his helix LT. Challenge accepted :yesway:.

Related - does the fm3 also have a [email protected] runner factory preset?

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It does, I haven't tried it but the preset wiki says it's a lite version of the Axeiii so I'm assuming it's a resource hog? I haven't really bumped into the limits on this yet, but I'm only running the basic od-amp-cab-delay-verb type rig, occasionally with a comp and /or eq and I'm at about 77% processing on average. I'd imagine dual amps and stuff like that will max it out pretty quick.

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Nerdy rig, so a nerdy guitar seemed appropriate. :lol:

Anyway these Powercabs are fucking sick. I wish the 212 wasn't so stupid overpriced because stereo with two different speaker models in the same box would be great. But as it is you can get two 112s for less than the 212, so why bother?
I've been thinking of getting one of these Powercabs to use with my Kemper. Are you using is as an FRFR cab, or do you turn off the cab emulation in your Fractal and use the Powercab as a modelling cab?

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fwiw, I got the idea because my brother in law has been using the Kemper Stage with a paid of Powercabs for a while and I was super impressed.

The way I'm workflowing the IRs is that I leave it in FRFR mode when I'm cycling presets to see if there's an amp I like, if I find one, I defeat the cab sim in the FM3 and scroll through the speaker presets on the cab until I find something appropriate. The IRs definitely sound mushy when you A/B them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know this is a stupid question maybe, but looking at this rig, physically....are you able to stack these two cabs neatly....? They look like they angle back slightly from the front, so is the top able to have another stacked on top of it solidly? I can see the pic; but when I look up the product, it just looks like they have a slight angle, as if you were trying to stack two Marshall 1960A cabs together or something ....I just ask 'cuz I'd like to maybe get a cool looking rig going like that myself :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I know this is a stupid question maybe, but looking at this rig, physically....are you able to stack these two cabs neatly....? They look like they angle back slightly from the front, so is the top able to have another stacked on top of it solidly? I can see the pic; but when I look up the product, it just looks like the have a slight angle, as if you were trying to stack two Marshall 1960A cabs together or something ....I just ask 'cuz I'd like to maybe get a cool looking rig going like that myself :cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.