Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of sorting some things out, but I'm looking to start a new rig soon. I loved the Axe FX, and it is perfect for recording, but something about it just wasn't inspiring. The best way I can describe it, it could do every sound I want, including my old Triaxis, yet I found myself missing my triaxis, oddly enough.

So I'm thinking maybe a Roadster or Triple Rec for an amp and possibly a POD HD500 for recording. Not sure though. I've heard great things about the ENGL e530, even that it doubles as a practice amp with a 1.5 watt power amp and I hear it has outstanding recording outs (but I need confirmation).

I kinda feel like I've been chasing a recto sound for a long time, and I might just go ahead and nail down a recto here soon. We'll see.

I'm a total gear whore and already have answers to these questions, but I want to know what you recommend. I might actually even go Axe FX standard with a triple rec, but I'm not sure. We'll see. That's expensive! ;)

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Buy the ENGL so I can try it out :D

Then when you hate it I can buy it a a lower used price :wub: :lol:

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Dude, just get Quiglefucks to bring his roadster with him, and trade him your power amp.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
yeah the roadster is a very nice amp if i were to buy another head thats what id want along with my MK5.

I would deffinelty consider the MK5 as its a beast of an amp and very versatile due to the 9 different modes.

If your looking for the recto sound though the roadster is deffinelty the best Recto amp ive heard.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
This doesn't get more perfecter. You have the power amp Quigley needs, he has one of the best Rectos you need. Do eet!!

P.S. Sooner or later, you all come back to the toobz.

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Carry all 737lb of it as carry on :drunk:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts