Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a friend were just jamming around at his house today and decided to record a little one of his ideas.
The recording quality isn't very good, but it's just so people get an idea. This is my first time posting anything (so please be nice :))
The idea isn't all mine, and was definitely a joint effort between me and my friend.
Recorded using his Gecko Green Gibson Les Paul.

New Rock Idea by J Watkinson on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

If anyone has any ideas on improvements or where to take it from here it would be greatly appreciated.
This isn't my usual style, but one that most of my friends are in to so that's how it ended up as it is.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
I think some guitar volume swells where the reverse cymbals are would do some good. Just a power chord in the key of that note and roll your volume knob up. Would add more dynamic and it wouldn't feel like it drops off so much.

Pretty cool so far. End/Chorus riff reminds me of the Cult and Motorhead. :yesway:

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.351 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/245)

Yeah thanks mate, I think a volume swell would work well. This is just a very quick mix, done on mixcraft :)lol:). We're gonna re-do it properly once we've got the song finished. But thanks for the advice. Any more is welcome :yesway:

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9700/5.0.0.351 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/245)

Thanks dude! :wub: funnily enough, I don't listen to the cult, but I'm gonna check them out :lol:

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:bump:

I was just wandering if anybody had any more criticisms or advice?
Any help at all would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,768 Posts
I'm digging it, it sounds pretty rockin', but definitely watch out for clipping!

The part beginning at 0:34 sounds like a chorus to me. If it were a complete song, I would save the lead guitar on top for the second or third time it kicks in, for that additional boost in energy.

Oh, and nice to see a waveform that doesn't look like a cock, for a change. :yesway: :lol:

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks pal.
This is definitely a work in progress, so any arrangement is not final yet. But we will definitely take any/all advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts