Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apologies if a few have already seen this, but i'd realised that both james & tom hadn't seen this yet, so...

that's right chaps, it's time for another.

overkill? hardly. i was so impressed with the results from the most recent roter custom baritone 7 i received from sebastian that i decided to sell my ibanez RG7620 and order a new piece from him, as i'd like to make sure i have two 7 strings available to me at any one time. ultimately, i aim to have a roter-only arsenal (guitars and basses) with the exception only of my les paul.

so, onwards to the new piece. this new design came about by me scouring pictures of various xiphos shapes, kelly shapes, steinbergers and the odd rhoads / king V. i took image renderings from a recent shot of my current roter and doctored it in photoshop, here's the result:

this is tying in with my love & pursuit of small bodies and gnarly, F-series-like designs. i'm really quite pleased with it. headstock design to follow, but it'll be along the same lines.

NECK - flame maple with wenge lamination (number of pieces tbc), reverse headstock
BODY - hard ash wings
FRETBOARD - ebony, no inlays (currently looking at goat bone poles for side marker inlays on the neck)
SCALE - 27", 24 frets
FINISH - stained black, transparent matte gloss
BRIDGE - kahler 2327 trem (black)
NUT - standard FR locking nut (black)
PICKUPS - BKP warpigs (but will be speaking to tim over this for final advice)
TUNERS - sperzel locking tuners (black)
WIRING - custom wiring as on last guitar, seen below, using 1 volume pot, 2 mini-switches and a 5-way megaswitch...

H

·
HAWKS & FUCK SEC!
1,672 Posts
Sounds and looks sexy! :yum: BTW, hope you don't mind but I intend to "borrow" the wiring plan. Looks like you will be able to get plenty of various sounds out of the guitar. :D

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
The specs are good, but they body shape just isn't my thing mate. BTW, damn you for sending the other Roter off for restaining when I come over! :fawk:

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds and looks sexy! :yum: BTW, hope you don't mind but I intend to "borrow" the wiring plan. Looks like you will be able to get plenty of various sounds out of the guitar. :D
go for it, dude. it was actually created with the help of andy ongley (lozek on SS.org) so he's as much to thank for it.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Looks awesome!\m/

Do you have any word yet as to when you'll receive it?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks awesome!\m/

Do you have any word yet as to when you'll receive it?
thanks dude.

it's very early days yet, but i've made the first payment and hope to be making another in the next month or so. i'm actually yet to design the headstock (it'll be reverse, obviously) and i still need to get the kahler, BKPs and sperzels etc.

H

·
Banned
2,695 Posts
I like it a lot, and I am filled with the intense need to open a can of soup with it (aluminum can), when I stare at it. :rofl:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Paint it red. :agreed:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
gentlemen....

H
You know, you're right, Hal. I was JUST coming in here to post how sky blue would be a much nicer compromise. :)

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You know, you're right, Hal. I was JUST coming in here to post how sky blue would be a much nicer compromise. :)
bad things happen when people even go near the thought of considering the possibility of the idea of suggesting that a guitar should be painted in these hideous, hideous colours (i mean, why? why would you ever do that? hmm? HMM??!?!)

H

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
You should come over and play my turquoise Jackson some point mate, just so I can get a photo of your head exploding at the sight of it!:lol:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts