Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my second old baseplate strip I was like this is retarded. Anyway the new ones have hardened inserts so it doesn't happen (as often?).

Part numbers are 373013 for black baseplate, 362003 for black arm assembly w/arm.

Anyway my Falcon is back in action now :metal:

also always fun taking a hammer to guitar parts :lol: (install the trem arm holder)

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
also always fun taking a hammer to guitar parts :lol: (install the trem arm holder)
Why'd you have to take a hammer to it? I installed a new holder on my Warmoth, and just had to line the thing up and then tighten the set screw. :lol:

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why'd you have to take a hammer to it? I installed a new holder on my Warmoth, and just had to line the thing up and then tighten the set screw. :lol:
maybe the regular floyd ones are different. there was no way this one was fitting in without hammering.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Whoop!

No, the threading was a bit funky on the one I had for some reason, there was like a burr on the threads of the arm, so it grinded a bit and didn't really tighten up all the way. So I replaced it.

Anime-dude, it definitely didn't slide in or anything - there was like vertical ribbing on it that needed to get pressed into the baseplate (or, rater, compress as it was pressed into the baseplate, since it was the softer metal). However, simply lining it up and tightening up the screw on the bottom that held it in applied enough downward pressure to "pull" the holder into position.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is that what you're using, there? Because if so, I question your taste AND your judgment. And this is coming from me. :fawk:
I don't lick my keyboard so the taste is irrelevant? For a while I collected them so I've got a stack. I also hate shitty keyboards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.