That's actually pretty awesome.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Well, that only took thirty years too long. :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Holy shit, that's absolutely perfect. On my list of "to-dos" is to build a pickup mule guitar so i can swap pickups in and out from the back to test them. I was looking at using this kind of a terminal block for the connectors, but i've never seen a miniature one.

Thanks, Seymour Duncan! You just made my life a WHOLE lot easier.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Holy shit, that's absolutely perfect. On my list of "to-dos" is to build a pickup mule guitar so i can swap pickups in and out from the back to test them. I was looking at using this kind of a terminal block for the connectors, but i've never seen a miniature one.

Time to go thank Frank!

·
Read Only
3 Posts

I use these:

Solderless Pin/Socket Pair

I can swap a pickup in and out in about 5 minutes

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
Yeah, there's no chance at all that I'm gonna try running the Blackout modular preamp as the volume control in the ESP, which already has an 85 in the neck and a Livewire HMET in the bridge. MORE POWER TO THE WEAPONS!

:idea:

·
Good news, Everyone!
1,528 Posts
That's another pretty cool idea. Is there or is it even possible to run a bypass option so you could have the tone of your original pickups and then the active tone?
Seems like it would be doable... run a DPDT with pickups hot going in to the middle, one side out to the preamp, the other side out to another volume pot. That's how I'd do it, but I'm sure if there's a way, Frank knows it.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
The prospects aren't good for active/passive. The preamp treats each coil separately. That means the wiring is essentially like parallel. You'd need one 4PDT (!) for each pickup.

If this is a smash hit we'll probably just release a more expensive one with some kind if internal passive switching logic, that will do all of that for you. But for now, it's the same thing as buying Blackouts. You do it because you want that sound.

I'm out of the office thurs/fri this week so it will take me awhile to get around to the forums to answer questions, but over the next several weeks we'll put out all the proper content.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts