Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I fucking LOVE SikTh! So glad that Dan and Pin are back again. Dan in particular is just a genius in my opinion.

May have to try and get to that London gig myself.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
No shit, glad to hear these guys are back at it.

·
18,790 Posts
Some friends were talking about how great the new Periphery album is, as well as Animals as Leaders, and so I had to explain to them (as someone who watched it happen on SS.org) that the origins of all of this "djent" movement come from Periphery and Fellsilent (Monuments/Tesseract) taking heavy influence from Meshuggah, Sikth, and Nobuo Uematsu (and other JRPG/video game composers). They had no idea who Sikth was, so I educated them.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Some friends were talking about how great the new Periphery album is, as well as Animals as Leaders, and so I had to explain to them (as someone who watched it happen on SS.org) that the origins of all of this "djent" movement come from Periphery and Fellsilent (Monuments/Tesseract) taking heavy influence from Meshuggah, Sikth, and Nobuo Uematsu (and other JRPG/video game composers). They had no idea who Sikth was, so I educated them.
You totes showed them.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
Well congratulations Mr. Musicguyontheinternet. Did you know that black sabbath were around before sikth? so really everyone is influenced by them.

I just educated you.

boom. hotdog.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

:dgaf:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
This new stuff sounds like all the other djent shit out there now.
I actually had a feeling this was going to be the case before I even clicked the thread. I think that's more a psychological trick than the truth, though. I mean they influenced 99% of the djent shit so it's bound to sound derivative now in a weird roundabout kinda way.

I still can't stand their doughy (for lack of a better word) guitar tone, but it's better than boingy-boingy-twang-twang 52" scale baritone tuned to Z# horseshit.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts