Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Interesting.

Apple has a very good business model. Release various products sporadically with similar design. I would love to see their five year plan because I'm sure they've got some incredible stuff on the back burner, ready to go in various phases so that consumers are whimsically obligated to upgrade.

I'll admit, I'm ready to do it from an iPhone 3GS to an iPhone 4.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
A 7-inch iPad strikes me as an oddball size. It's still too big to be pocketable, and not big enough to have as good an experience as the big iPad. It would make it a better laptop companion, but still... :shrug:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
A 7-inch iPad strikes me as an oddball size. It's still too big to be pocketable, and not big enough to have as good an experience as the big iPad. It would make it a better laptop companion, but still... :shrug:
I agree. The 10" size is ideal for typing on the virtual keyboard, in either the vertical or horizontal positions. 7" might be too small for this, and seeing as how I use the virtual keyboard exclusively, I can't see me ever going to a smaller sized tablet.

For right now, I don't see a big reason for me to get a BT keyboard, because I can type fast enough on the virtual one that the expense and weight aren't necessary. I've been doing blog posts, e-mail, and even light documents just fine.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
iPod Touch anyone??
well, not exactly. There's something to be said for 7" being double the size of the iPod touch screen, especially if they keep the 10" iPad's 1024x768 resolution. Still not something I'd buy, nor something I really see Apple doing though.

I'm not sure how it would fit into their price structure, given the fact that the iPad now starts at $499, and the 3.5" iPod touch tops out at $400.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
7" (measured diagonally) is actually 4x the size of an iPhone or iPod touch, in terms of screen real estate.

The only thing i can imagine is that the iPod touch is about to get WAY cheaper... my guess is that starting in September, every iPod will be an "iPod touch" of some description. There doesn't seem to be much point in other input scenarios if they can optimize touch input for each screen size.

You heard it here first: The scroll wheel is dead. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
well, not exactly. There's something to be said for 7" being double the size of the iPod touch screen, especially if they keep the 10" iPad's 1024x768 resolution. Still not something I'd buy, nor something I really see Apple doing though.

I'm not sure how it would fit into their price structure, given the fact that the iPad now starts at $499, and the 3.5" iPod touch tops out at $400.
I'm sure they'll drop the older iPod touch down to like 299 then keep the iPad at 499, with the smaller iPad at 399

1 - 11 of 11 Posts