Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw this on FB:

We are proud to announce the new Solar Guitars E1.6 Jensen signature guitar. An open pore swamp ash monster with EMG pickups, Grover locking tuners, locking strap pins among the many features. We have a bunch available in the batch we're shipping out this coming week.

Jensen is the guitar player of the bands The-Haunted and WITCHERY

Personally the Inlays are not my thing and I think it should have one on the first fret as well, but being a Sig guitar it is what it is. Body wood looks great though!

https://www.solar-guitars.com/product/e1-6-jensen/

·
Read Only
10 Posts
That looks awesome. :metal:

Killer tune in the demo video too. Is that a song from one of his bands?

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Thats nice as hell, can you get without inlays?:scratch:

·
Registered
560 Posts
I like that guitar a lot. I dig the inlays too.

Edit: Didn't notice the selector position at first, not sure what I think of it.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Man, I think the only explorerish shapes I like at all besides the original explorer are the Jackson Kelly and Ibanez Destroyer, and those are both like 70% as cool. This reminds me of the ESP EX line, but better. Still can't say I'm a fan of the shape though.

Those inlays are pretty kickin though, and that style isn't something I'd usually go for :+1:. Specs in general seem really nice.

Selector switch is cutting it close, but it doesn't look too far off from a les paul, so it's probably fine.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
That's pretty badass. I'd really love to check one of these out. I'm definitely going to be in the market for an Explorer this year and would consider taking a chance at a Solar. The reviews have been pretty good from all I've read and the specs are right up there with what I'd dig.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
With everyone worried about the selector switch: I think you're supposed to be riffing so fast that your hand can't fly that far up ;)

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Man, I think the only explorerish shapes I like at all besides the original explorer are the Jackson Kelly and Ibanez Destroyer, and those are both like 70% as cool. This reminds me of the ESP EX line, but better. Still can't say I'm a fan of the shape though.

Those inlays are pretty kickin though, and that style isn't something I'd usually go for :+1:. Specs in general seem really nice.

Selector switch is cutting it close, but it doesn't look too far off from a les paul, so it's probably fine.
I agree on the shape. I dont like how the EX line has concave curves, so this fixes that issue. Only thing I don't dig TOO much is how the cutaway is angled a bit too far down, but it's growing on me.

Selector switch is in a bit of a goofy spot. I prefer it on the cutaway horn like a standard Explorer.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts