Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Via Facebook...

+++ WARREL DANE announces new album "Shadow Work"!+++
WARREL DANE, the legendary vocalist of Sanctuary and Nevermore will return with his second solo album, currently created under the guidance of renowned producer Roy Z (Bruce Dickinson, Halford, Helloween, Sebastian Bach) in 2018!
"Shadow Work" is the follow up to the acclaimed "Praises to the War Machine" (2008) and stylistically strays away from its predecessor, which leaned towards a goth-tinged, less metallic rock sound. First rough mixes already reveal that "Shadow Work" will offer darker, heavier, more complex songs, occasionally flirting with extreme metal by incorporating such elements as blast beats and combining this with WARREL DANE's unique, dramatic trademark vocals.
As with the previous WARREL DANE solo tours, including the 15th anniversary tour celebrating Nevermore's classic, "Dead Heart in a Dead World", the line-up for the record will consist of Johnny Moraes (guitars), Thiago Oliveira (guitars), Fabio Carito (bass) and Marcus Dotta (drums), who all have been playing with the Dane since 2014.
"Shadow Work" will be recorded during autumn 2017 and is expected to be released in the first half of 2018 via Century Media Records worldwide.
Cautiously optimistic about this one, as his last solo album was excellent.

Reactions: Randy

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I was a big fan of Praises when it came out, in general I don't really listen to that kind of my music anymore, but I'll give it a whirl anyways.

My mom is a huge fan of Warrel Dane, so I'll have buy it for her. I left for school one year and left Praises in the CD player in her car and now she knows the words to every song and shit. :lol: Sometimes she texts me asking if Nevermore is reuniting. It's weird as fuck. Everyone thinks it's awesome to have parents that like metal, but it's not, it was way cooler the like, first 6 years she hated it.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Much like the Labrie albums, he's someone who's vocals I'm not a tremendous fan of regularly but the solo album seemed to be written within his range much better. It was also loaded with riffs and tastier solos than most of Loomis' (come at me, bro).

·
Read Only
3 Posts
Much like the Labrie albums, he's someone who's vocals I'm not a tremendous fan of regularly but the solo album seemed to be written within his range much better. It was also loaded with riffs and tastier solos than most of Loomis' (come at me, bro).
Loomis stopped writing good solos 15 years ago.

·
Where?!
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
This could be cool. The last *new* Sanctuary album was full of cool stuff.

I suspect he's working with Roy Z. because of what he's done for the other artists mentioned (though no one can save Seb Bach from himself), so he'll be involved in the writing/arranging.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
You're just as bad as he is with the "XYZ band was only good 19 years ago on this one album they only released on vinyl" stuff. :lol:

·
Read Only
7,880 Posts
I've said this before but man I was mad about Obsidian Conspiracy. TGE fucking ruled, I got all hype for the new album, the single they released was rad as fuck and sounded like more of the TGE sound, and then the album sucked so bad the band imploded. :lol:

·
Registered
927 Posts
I've said this before but man I was mad about Obsidian Conspiracy. TGE fucking ruled, I got all hype for the new album, the single they released was rad as fuck and sounded like more of the TGE sound, and then the album sucked so bad the band imploded. :lol:
This exactly. TGE fucking ruled.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
You can always be counted on to swoop in with the Metal Hipster comment. :lol:
You're just as bad as he is with the "XYZ band was only good 19 years ago on this one album they only released on vinyl" stuff. :lol:
The new Kreator is my favorite by them. I like Deris era Helloween more than Kiske era. I'm not solely a hipster.

FTFY

TGE was 2005, after that I didn't really bother with any other Nevermore stuff
TGE has some great songs, but he soloing became much more about shredding, and much less about writing interesting stuff.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts