Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The song is called "Sustaining Delusion". It is recorded and written by me. Recorded with the new godly Sherman Axe i received. The sound clip is from a great movie - The Wackness.

Check out the straight up version - Voice Gajic - New Song Up! on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Also new endorsements! Mike Sherman and I are now working together. I received my 7 string as seen in the video not to long ago, and was so impressed that I new Sherman guitars belonged in my hands. A belated NGD will be up soonish.

:: Michael Sherman Guitars ::

Leave some love and tell me whats up! Voice gajic

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Some pretty cool stuff here man. First of all, congrats on the Sherman endorsement! His craftsmanship is undeniably stellar and they sound wonderful! What are you running amp wise?

Regarding the song, Your technical ability is undoubtedly impressive. But I think overall the song lacks a solid melodic structure and arrangement flow. It seems to start blending well towards the end, but before that it just sounds like a bunch of djenty riffs pieced together by pauses.

I did however, check out some of your other material. The Pinocchio Effect has some good structure and unique turn-arounds which to me were more impressive than sweeping yer face off.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I'd saw off my pinky toe to be able to play half as good as you do man. Awesome guitar, stellar playing. :metal:

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
I'd saw off my pinky toe to be able to play half as good as you do man. Awesome guitar, stellar playing. :metal:
dude you smoke, you got no worries in that department :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hahaha thanks everyone! Yea yea, get it out now... my beastly rig at the moment is a sherman custom through a 15 watt line 6 bahaha. I am a firm believer that low volume/ destortion practicing makes a cleaner player though :p .

And angelvivaldi - Thanks for the straight up critique bro. I would be lost in the word of guitar if i didnt have someone throwing me advice or criticism to throw me back on track. This song was mainly trying out some new ideas, but notes taken for next time.

and chris, DO NOT SAW YOUR TOE OFF! lol

Thanks everyone

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
And angelvivaldi - Thanks for the straight up critique bro. I would be lost in the word of guitar if i didnt have someone throwing me advice or criticism to throw me back on track. This song was mainly trying out some new ideas, but notes taken for next time.
Like I said man, you've definitely got loads of talent. It's good to keep an open mind on what other people say about your tunes, but always remember to write music for YOU first. Makes it that much more genuine and sincere :metal:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Yeah, this is impressive as hell, and your technique is super-clean, to the point where I'm a little embarrassed at myself listening to this. However, the "djent" thing isn't really for me, and I gotta echno Angel on the structure - this is pretty spastic. Admittedly, I'm sure you'll find people who are into that - I feel the exact same way about BTBAM, FWIW. :lol:

Anyway, dude, you absolutely smoke, and that's a gorgeous guitar. I'll definitely be checking out anything you post around here. :yesway:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts