Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished this one up. Its kinda crazy off the wall, but I'm a fan of dissonance and generally ugly chords, but at the same time, I'm very into ambient. I also have been incorporating more synths into my music. Let me know what you think, critique is welcome.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9309950

·
should really be working.
366 Posts
I really like this. The mix has a sort of "wall o sound" thing going on and I think it fits this music perfectly. The kick sound is not my favorite but it certainly works. The little touches like the record player thing at the end are neat.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds fantastic. It might be pumping/distorting a little at times, but it's gernally speaking a very good and clear mix. It has great 'width'.

I imagine the folks over at SS.org would love this.
I cant get anyone over there to give me input :lol:

And thank you. I thought the distortion was a bit over the top, but i was kinda shooting for an ion dissonance/tony danza tap dance type feel, so i just said fuck it :lol:

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
Have you tracked any bass on this? It seems a touch shrill to me - but I fucking love what you're playing - the music itself kicks ass!

If not, i reckon you need some bass in there to balance out the mix before I could give you any proper critique. If you are then a)sorry :lol: and b)bring it forward/put a touch more on the guitars. It's a bit 'brittle' just now, you know?

But I like it. Keep it up!

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you tracked any bass on this? It seems a touch shrill to me - but I fucking love what you're playing - the music itself kicks ass!

If not, i reckon you need some bass in there to balance out the mix before I could give you any proper critique. If you are then a)sorry :lol: and b)bring it forward/put a touch more on the guitars. It's a bit 'brittle' just now, you know?

But I like it. Keep it up!
Thanks simon!
I totally agree. I didnt have an actual bass on hand, i ended up using absynth4 for the bass sound. I'm not as happy with the bass section as i'd like, but one of my next buys is going to be a bass for recording with. But thanks for listening:)

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Sounds awesome, Chris. I love discordance and use it a lot in my music as well. This stuff is right up my alley. :yesway:

I agree with Stitch, but it's pretty obvious that it would sound better with a real bass.

Nice stuff. Keep it up.

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
Fuck input or criticism. I bet you didn't post it for that horseshit, but just to share. Everybody has a mother fuckin' opinion. Here's mine.

It rocks. It's weird as shit, but brutal, dude. :hbang:

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys!!

Fuck input or criticism. I bet you didn't post it for that horseshit, but just to share.
Yea, a little of both :lol: But sometimes i'm so fatigued at listening to the same song for a week that i miss obvious details, so it helps to get fresh ears. And it doesnt hurt to get some kudos here and there:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.