Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a new song in the works, not mixed at all and barely EQd but I like this song so much I really wanted to share it. The first and only song i've written in Open C, which is a Very fun tuning...everything sounds HUGE in it! There will be a solo in the last riff after I figure out how to solo in Open C. :rofl: Also thinking about some slide going on either during the chorus or throughout the whole song, and maybe some organ and/or piano.

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's a newer version, going to be FINALLY laying down vocals to this one and a few more probably next weekend.

http://soundcloud.com/7slinger/sunoncesetrevised

and a sneak peak of a new song we're putting together
http://soundcloud.com/7slinger/newsouth

Starting to get really fond of Open C. :) Still can't solo in it worth a shit :lol: I need a double neck.

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
I like the southern thingo happening there. :yesway: A couple parts towards the end would make Dime proud. Are you using a slide around 3:15 and later?

NEEDS MOAR BANJO!

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the southern thingo happening there. :yesway: A couple parts towards the end would make Dime proud. Are you using a slide around 3:15 and later?

NEEDS MOAR BANJO!
No slide believe it or not! I originally wanted to use a slide on Sun once Set, but I suck at slide and there are some parts that i'd have to throw the slide down to play etc. I have gotten really good at faking it, and the Open C tuning makes it even more convincing.

Thanks for the kind words guys, I have a really good feeling about this band.... we've practiced a total of 5 times and that song came out of like the 3rd practice. All four of us are putting in 110% like it should be. Really anxious to get a real EP made and play some shows! :metal:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.