Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since work has basically taken over my year, time for a little reward:cool: I've been wanting a Solar since Ola started the brand(maybe a little fanboy in there, lol!). When he released the 1st A1.6 ATG baritone, that was the one. While surfing Reverb I found a very lightly used 2018 model and after a few messages a deal was struck and I pulled the trigger. I couldn't be happier, it arrived in better condition than the sellers pics showed and is a dream to play. It's also my 1st go-round with Fishman pups, holy shit, these things are awesome, especially in Drop A:metal::metal: It didn't come with a case of any sort but I did have a Coffin case that I ended up with a while back with no resident so now the Solar can take up residence if transport is needed(probably not going anywhere, lol!)
D2DC5AEE-0C16-4C2F-9E08-DA0415A4BFF1.jpeg IMG_2829.jpeg IMG_2857.jpg

I was also looking for some custom bits for my Explorer, but with it being a B2 model standard Explorer pickguards don't fit and the B2's selector switch is in a different location so I had given up on finding something. I was randomly cruising Instagram and ran across Indra Guitars in the UK. They make some pretty cool guitars, but the standout was their custom pickguards, trussrod covers, and knobs. After a few emails with Richard the details were settled and I went with a full set in aged, acid etched brass with the knob bodies themselves being unfinished ash. I went with a Norse theme for a couple reasons, I'm of Scandinavian descent, I love Norse mythology, and to be honest, for me there's very few things as metal as Viking culture, lol! I won't bore you with the story that ties everything together, but Richard absolutely hit it out of the park with this. A pleasure to work with and top tier craftsmanship.
E802FF42-09F6-4244-BBC0-9FC4399739AE.jpeg BF37362E-3789-478B-8794-4134D77EBAA9.jpeg IMG_2883.jpeg BDB42CD2-590D-426E-BD2A-00F75B933E06.jpeg

·
Read Only
2,581 Posts
The upgrades to the explorer are really cool. Now you have to post some dethklok covers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts