Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I love the Faceless. Their first movie, Akeldama, was awesome and their second novel, Planetary Duality, was possibly even better. I love their director and how they always put tons of really really interesting stuff into each chapter. :yesway: Their riffs are to die for.

Now after all those jokes about how this thread did not belong in the Movies and Novels forum, I've moved it to General Music where it belongs. ;)

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wait... i posted this in movies? :eek:

I cant even start to imagine how that happended, i've only checked the music forum today, nothing else...:confused:

I shouldnt post before i had my first coffee...

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
I love the Faceless. Their first movie, Akeldama, was awesome and their second novel, Planetary Duality, was possibly even better. I love their director and how they always put tons of really really interesting stuff into each chapter. :yesway: Their riffs are to die for.

Now after all those jokes about how this thread did not belong in the Movies and Novels forum, I've moved it to General Music where it belongs. ;)
I didn't even realize you were a moderator, kinda went "WTF" when I read the part about you moving a thread :lol:
Whoa, you've been a moderator for a few weeks now, crazy. I almost never remember to check the "MG.ORG status updates" sub forum, first time I've looked at it in a few months

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the clean vocs seemed a bit strange to me at first, the clean voice is missing a bit "power",...but they are growing on me.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
the clean vocs seemed a bit strange to me at first, the clean voice is missing a bit "power",...but they are growing on me.
Not as good as the cleans on their already released albums, but they are good, I think.

I always liked The Faceless how they would have super technical riffs, some really brutal riff, and then some super melodic fusion-influenced solo afterwards. The brutal death growls with the clean vocals also reflected this.

[action=Naren]loves The Faceless.[/action]

·
Registered
95 Posts
I liked most of Planetary Duality, but this isn't doing much for me. I understand that this is the nature of their music, but around 1:30 it just sort of derails. Tempo changes for the sake of tempo changes aren't that interesting, and a lot of the riffs sound like someone practicing scales over and over.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Also, the mix on the heavy vocals reminds me a LOT of Dying Fetus this time around. Which is :tmm:

and a lot of the riffs sound like someone practicing scales over and over.
'Oh, hello there... I'm twenty-first century technical death metal. Have we met?" :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts