Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hmm I dont know what to think

THe first track sounds a bit Nightwishy and the second track doesnt really sound like anything they have done before

I will be picking this up tho :agreed:

·
Devil
1,871 Posts
I dunno... Call me elitist but I haven't heard them do anything great besides the self-titled, Widow's Weeds, and Beyond the Veil. World of Glass was ok, but it just wasn't the same. I didn't listen to Ashes but Illumination made me puke. I don't think it's because of Morten's absence either as Sirenia sounds like a rehash of a rehash as well.

Maybe I'm just old and grumpy.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
This sounds more generic than their last album, Illumination, which I thought was incredibly striking and different for that type of music. It had a much darker edge to it.

I do like Tristania's new female vocalist better than Sirenia's current singer, however.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I do like Tristania's new female vocalist better than Sirenia's current singer, however.
Not me. I think the new Sirenia album is freakin' great. I love her voice - even if Dave did ruin it for me by pointing out how she can't pronounce difficult words like "the".

Edit: Even though she's kind of bad live, in a not very good and having no stage presence whatsoever kind of way. :(

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I really like "Illuminations" - I'll probably pick the new one up.

I like Sirenia...but damn, that video....

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Not me. I think the new Sirenia album is freakin' great. I love her voice - even if Dave did ruin it for me by pointing out how she can't pronounce difficult words like "the".
:lol:

At Sixes And Sevens is my favorite album of that whole "beauty and the beast" genre, but none of the subsequent Sirenia albums have done that much for me. It seems like Morton Veland wants to emulate Nightwish these days. :ugh:

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:lol:

At Sixes And Sevens is my favorite album of that whole "beauty and the beast" genre, but none of the subsequent Sirenia albums have done that much for me. It seems like Morton Veland wants to emulate Nightwish these days. :ugh:
He might as well since Nightwish no longer sounds like Nightwish

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Epica is another band in this vein I used to be really into. The orchestral compositions and arrangements they did on "Consign to Oblivion" were fantastic, and Simone is a surprisingly strong and versatile singer who is also extremely easy to look at.

Decent stage presence too.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
Damn, she sings her ass off! :metal:
:agreed:

I was fortunate to see her with After Forever at Jaxx during their only U.S. tour a few years ago.

I need to get the new ReVamp album. She does a duet with Russell Allen, which is pretty much the Awesome Singer Summit.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Epica is another band in this vein I used to be really into. The singer has amazing breasts, and Simone is a surprisingly strong and versatile blowjobist, at least in my mind where I imagine myself taking her in twenty plus different positions, since she is so unbelievably hot.
Fixed.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
No argument Dave :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts