Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
's all in the wrist
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes, here's my latest video of craptastic covers :flex: I've played a lot of FF7 back in the day and naturally I've listened to the original infinite times. It's such an awesome piece of music and I always had a rough metal version in my mind so it was only a matter of time before I decided to take a shot at it.

It was challenging to try to get the mix right as I haven't ever worked with so many layers of guitars, I always prefer to keep it as simple as possible. You have your standard 2 rhythm tracks but during the chorus there are 5 additional ones all playing different things. It gets quite busy there. I gotta say though, I'm really happy how it came out and makes me think that I'd probably play a lot more FF7 if the original sounded more like this. :rofl:

As for the recording, it's the usual deal... C7 & crappy bass of doom, AFX2 - used my Diezel VH-4 patch for the rhythms, couple of different ones for leads/harmonies and SD2 TMF for drums.

Hope you enjoy! :metal:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Goddamn that is a wicked fat tone Sir!!!!:yesway::metal:

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
Man that was awesome.:yesway:

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
Shit yes.

I'm a big fan of FFVII and have always wanted to do the battle theme, but never had the balls to - don't think I could ever do it justice. Your version is indeed made of win.

·
's all in the wrist
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks dudes! :metal: :wub: I'm really happy how this came out and it's good to have some positive feedback. I :wub: you

Goddamn that is a wicked fat tone Sir!!!!:yesway::metal:
Oh yeah, I fucking love it. It works quite well in this and it's one my main rhythm tones, along with my Herbert, 5150 and 6505+ patches. I could never choose one :lol:

Shit yes.

I'm a big fan of FFVII and have always wanted to do the battle theme, but never had the balls to - don't think I could ever do it justice. Your version is indeed made of win.
Yeah I know what you mean dude. It has so many melodies/harmonies with different instruments that it's hard to make it work with just a guitar. I tried incorporating each and every melody but it sounded like shit so I backed off a little and kept what I think are the most important parts. Not to mention that getting the mix to sound right was a bit hellish as well :lol:

Also, I had no clue that one of my cats came in at the ending and when I first saw it I laughed my ass off :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Kitty! :wub:

Awesome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts