Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Watch in HD!

Got tickets to go and see Rush for my christmas, so I've been listening to them non-stop lately! Thought I'd have a go at a version of my favourite Rush song, The Spirit Of Radio. Using my Ibanez JS1000 and IK Multimedia Amplitube 3 - the OR120 and Custom Modern Hi Gain models.

EDIT : oops, wrong section, could someone move this?

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
Brilliant dude, Lifeson is fantastic and you've definitely done a great job here, as usual.:squint:

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
Awesome job Lyle! Amazing! You've got skills!

I'm on a Rush kick myself. Wife and I saw them in early September, 2010 (I dragged her along). Have them on shuffle on my iPod at home and iTunes at work. Just picked up the Rush bass tab book on Friday. Got all the books Neil Peart wrote and am slowly reading through them. Actually reading "Chemistry" (written about Rush) right now.

But again, thanks for posting this. Great job!

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
You know, whoever this Lyle kid is, I see no real reason to chop my guitars into firewood. It's a freaking cover song, and an overdone one at that. Also, just so ya know, he totally messed up at 2:39. I just wish kids like this would write their own stuff, I'm just so sick of seeing the same covers over and over.

(lol)

Awesome job, dude, and pretty good mix too. Where did you get the backing track?

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know, whoever this Lyle kid is, I see no real reason to chop my guitars into firewood. It's a freaking cover song, and an overdone one at that. Also, just so ya know, he totally messed up at 2:39. I just wish kids like this would write their own stuff, I'm just so sick of seeing the same covers over and over.

(lol)

Awesome job, dude, and pretty good mix too. Where did you get the backing track?
LOL! Thanks mate! I got the backing track from Lick Library a few years ago, but never got round to doing anything with it.

Oh, and for those of you who ARE sick of seeing little shits like me playing cover after cover, my EP is done, artwork is done, and I should have the mastered tracks back by tomorrow, so hopefully it'll be on sale next month!

·
Argh
2,658 Posts
LOL! Thanks mate! I got the backing track from Lick Library a few years ago, but never got round to doing anything with it.

Oh, and for those of you who ARE sick of seeing little shits like me playing cover after cover, my EP is done, artwork is done, and I should have the mastered tracks back by tomorrow, so hopefully it'll be on sale next month!
:woot:

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Great job Lyle....Rare to see people play TRUE Lifeson Chords.......

·
What are you looking at?
2,124 Posts
That was awesome. :yesway:

Huge Rush fan.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Jesus, dude, you do not suck. That was outstanding. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts