Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I prefer the newer bevels... it just looks more balanced, and like it accentuates the shape. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
i think i like the bottom bevel better than the uneven looking top one... i dunno, the top one seems to make the body look smaller to my eyes...
Well, I started out thinking that I liked it better until you pointed that out. :lol:
I just with they'd do away with the upside down inlay and ditch the binding on the neck.

·
Mod Britannia
7,232 Posts
Hmm, I can't decide if I like it or not. I think I prefer the original bevels though.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
congrats to Ibanez for removing some wood, and calling it the 2009 model :noway:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't realise how uneven the top one was till then either :lol: I just thought they're way to big

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
I think they look better on the six-string model for some reason.

That said, it does make the 'chameleon' finish really stand out a bit more in pictures.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The new bevels are a lot better looking. :yesway:

·
Mod Britannia
7,232 Posts
I think they look better on the six-string model for some reason.
I've got to agree with this. On the 6 string, they look cool. On the 7, I'm still not sure. I'd probably buy a "new bevel" 6 if I was after one, but I still think I'd hunt out an "old bevel" 7 if I got one. And I do want a Xiphos 7 rather badly.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts