Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Linux armv7l; rv:2.1) Gecko/20110318 Firefox/4.0b13pre Fennec/4.0)

One sounds like ass, the other sound like shit.

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
What ze fuck are you trying to say? :lol:

Let me rephrase. "How do you determine which New7 is the neck, and which is the bridge?"
Let me rephrase, is one of the bases still metal but painted black, or is it black because it's one of the motherfucking fiberboard ones? :lol:

I believe N1 is bridge and N2 is neck, if you've still got the numbers stamped on them.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let me rephrase, is one of the bases still metal but painted black, or is it black because it's one of the motherfucking fiberboard ones? :lol:

I believe N1 is bridge and N2 is neck, if you've still got the numbers stamped on them.
Do you think that I don't know the difference between metal and fiberboard? :lol:

One's painted. One is not. :lol:

Thank you btw, el dicko, the latter part of your post was helpful. :wub:

·
I think too much
1,881 Posts
I wish I could help, but the only pair of New7's I have actually have N2 and B2 stamped on them. :shrug: They both have brass bases.

[action=Ken]actually thinks they're Blaze IIs.[/action]

·
Nerdington Willoughby
1,537 Posts
I keep records of these things. Ken's right about the stamping, but they're New 7's, not Blazes. Here's my personally measured DC resistances, as well:

B1 Ibanez (Blaze Bridge) / 13.30k + 6.26k
N1 Ibanez (Blaze Neck) / 8.62k + 6.25k
B2 Ibanez (New 7 Bridge) / 7.71k + 7.78k
N2 Ibanez (New 7 Neck) / 6.29k + 6.24k

The measurements are for each coil. The New 7s are basically 7-string Super Distortions and Super IIs.

I wish I could help, but the only pair of New7's I have actually have N2 and B2 stamped on them. :shrug: They both have brass bases.

[action=Ken]actually thinks they're Blaze IIs.[/action]

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:: Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Linux armv7l; rv:2.1) Gecko/20110318 Firefox/4.0b13pre Fennec/4.0)

Chris said:
I own about 15 less guitars than Chris does, so it's easy for me to put proper pickups in all of them.
Fix't. :fawk:
Since two third of them are basswood, it really doesn't matter what you put in them.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Since two third of them are basswood, it really doesn't matter what you put in them.
I only have like 3 basswood guitars right now. :lol: Of the ones in front of me:

Sherm: Ash
2027: Mahogany
727: Mahogany
Carvin: Mahogany
Green 550: Alder
C1: Mahogany
Anomaly: Cherry
RGT5: Basswood
Jackson: I've no idea :lol:
Dave: Big ol' ***

The RGT, my RG5EX1 and my oldschool EX may actually be the only Basswoods that I own.

Edit: And the EX is probably not even basswood, it's most likely plywood! :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts

You are still a used tampon. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts