Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mac guys, do any of you know of an .nfo file generator that pulls IMDB info for movies?

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Man I would've answered this a long time ago, but I have no idea. Have you already tried looking around at versiontracker.com?

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I've searched far and wide and have found nothing. I start a programming class soon...so maybe I can try to write the program I need as a learning project?

Unless somebody here will make one :)

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's an xml file that contains all of the information about something. For movies or TV shows it would have information such as title, series number (Ep1, 2, 3 etc), synopsis, cast, etc, etc, etc.

They are really helpful if you get shoddy results from the automatic IMDB scrapers in XBMC or Plex. For instance, my Star Trek films never appear in the right order.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those are the ones you typically get with *acquired* media.

They can be xml files as well :)

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
anyone who uses XML should get punched in the nuts, unless an app you use can read the files it's stupid

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Erm...yes....all XBMC based media centers can read the xml files, as well as....well.....a ton of other programs.

·
M3 Aficionado
1,278 Posts
It should be fairly simple to grab the XML. Are you looking for a person-friendly editor/renamer? Strictly OS X, or iOS too? I have a proof-of concept test program to write, and this might be a "useful" task.

Ray

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It should be fairly simple to grab the XML. Are you looking for a person-friendly editor/renamer? Strictly OS X, or iOS too? I have a proof-of concept test program to write, and this might be a "useful" task.

Ray
Strictly OS X, and with the user friendly OS X/Cocoa "feel".

I would be soooooo appreciative if you take this project on, and I'll offer to help and test where I can.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts