Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was looking around at Strats for a while and decided to pull the trigger on this one. I wanted an Elite, but the thumb wheel neck adjustment and pickups were the only real differences. It's got a 9.5" to 14" compound radius, S1 switch, and very mediocre N3 noiseless pickups. It feels great to play, is in excellent condition, and with a bit of EQ sounds fine as well. The cases these come with are excellent, which is another reason I went with this one over some others.

You can see the bottom of the "WARREN" yard sign on the couch here :lol:

The fiddle in her case:

And with the other 2 in current regular rotation:

·
Bah. I still suck.
1,323 Posts
Clean! :yesway:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I liked the Noiseless pups well-enough in an old Mexi Strat I had for a while (stolen).

Have any ideas on replacements? Any other mods?

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Nice! I think I'd like to see that with a different pickguard, but the red is pretty. What are you thinking for pickups? "Mediocre" s a great word for those. They're... fine.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure on pickups yet, but I do like the S1 switch so that is staying. If I decide to go clean I'll get the Fender '57-'62 set, but I'm leaning towards the higher output BareKnuckles Irish Tour set at the moment. I won't buy anything until June though, I want to make sure the need is really there (if it won't sound good through the AX8 pickups aren't really the main issue IMHO) and decide for certain which way I want to go.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking of going with ebony tuner buttons from StewMac, but I'm not going to switch out hardware for the color. I could buy several bottles of nice whisky for what that would run me :) I did the almost100% black thing with a fretless jazz bass once, so it's kind of a been there done that thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts