Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bowes Guitars
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I traded off my Rhoads for this nifty Japanese market RG550 and cash and its in remarkably good shape for being 30 years old. These ones had the matched color headstock. It goes a little weird blue in the right light.

The measurements of the neck are identical to the ones i got from my RG770 and I'll be holding onto this for a while and tuning it down to D. I've got a blue tone zone and a blue titan to put in this so it'll get a proper setup soon where the strings are almost under the frets. :)

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Wow Gorgeous Color!!!! I Remember these back in the day :) Its time manufacturers stop the crazy Tops and Burlaps and get more cool colors like this.

By the way, Ibanez was making a "poll" yesterday asking on FB who liked Reversed Headstocks and if they should make more of them. Vast majority of replies were YES... so lets hope they also re-issue the RG 565:)

·
Bowes Guitars
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow Gorgeous Color!!!! I Remember these back in the day :) Its time manufacturers stop the crazy Tops and Burlaps and get more cool colors like this.

By the way, Ibanez was making a "poll" yesterday asking on FB who liked Reversed Headstocks and if they should make more of them. Vast majority of replies were YES... so lets hope they also re-issue the RG 565:)
If they did an RG765 I'd be broke.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Maybe it's time to track down a teal flip flop LP :lol:.

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
YES TO THIS.

Thanks for pointing it out.

I meant a Japanese re-issue like the 550 Genesis... not the Indo ones. It could be Indo made as long as it comes with the Wizard neck and not the Wizard 3 and the the real Edge trem :)
The Indo ones we're pretty shitty overall compared to the originals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts