Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the market lately for something a little bit different in the collection. My two main guitars are 22-fret bolt-on with maple necks so I wanted to mix up a little. I wanted something with quality but was prepared to wait as long as required for a good deal to come up. Well, after looking around for a few weeks this 2011 PRS Custom 24 in Blue Crab popped up on eBay with a stupid steal of a BIN price. Turns out the guy was genuine and just needed the cash! I got it delivered yesterday and it's absolutely stunning. The whole instrument just feels and oozes quality. It's super light for an all-mahogany guitar at around 7.5lbs, it sounds massive and clear. I wanted one with a natural finish on the back too as I really don't like the models with a black or painted back. It's got a slim neck profile on it, especially compared with my Tyler, but that's perfect because I planned on using this for the more shreddy stuff anyway. So yeah, I'm so stoked with it as the Xmas present to myself this year! And all at a crazy price considering the cost of these things new.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Not bad - I totally get the appeal of having something different kicking around. What are the pickups?

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Pretty sweet finish on that dude. :yesway:

·
The Singlecut King of Northern VA
2,299 Posts
Congrats man!

59/09's in that I think, given the year. I agree that natural back models are pretty sweet :yesway:
It could be, but honestly you had your choices in the past few years and I believe the 59/09's are covered, so might be the HFS combo, just pull the bridge out and it should say it on the bottom, if it is the 59 combo people rave about those pickups.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys! The thing is gorgeous, I keep just staring at it. :yesway:

The pickups are indeed 59/09's. They're really good so far. I need to play it some more yet and try all of the positions to get more of a solid opinion but I'm not against changing them if I fancy something different tonally, further down the line.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.