Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I arrived at work today to a package waiting just for me!

Unfortunately, as soon as I cut the tape it's obvious that this is no ordinary package... D:

Open it the rest of the way...
*poof* Packing peanuts FROM HELL!! Thanks Jason :fawk:

So with the assistance of my co-worker (and a very large trash bag) I pull the merchandise out.

:D

Behold! The Partscaster!

Cleaned off the remnants of the fucking foam peanuts :lol: then set her down and pulled out Groff's Box O Stuff. I'm no fan of active pickups, and so I made the decision as soon as I bought it that it was coming out. There's a specific type sound I want this guitar to have, and an EMG isn't gonna cut it. So I present to you, the replacement:

An SD Full Shred :metal:

I love this pickup so damn much!

So I proceeded to install it. I didn't take the EMG out of the pickup ring, so I used the screws that came with the Duncan. I put it in, and get it started in the hole with my fingers ( :quagmire: ), then grab my little screwdriver only to see that the pickup mount screw is FLAT and not phillips.... Wtf? This is the first time I have ever seen a screw for a guitar that wasn't either a phillips head or allen wrench screw... Good thing I brought my leatherman with me, I used the little knife (that I NEVER use) as a screwdriver. But really... Flat head?

So off came the strings and with the magic of the internet here's what it looks like now.

The only thing I want to do is take the pickup ring and spray it white. NO ONE makes a flat non-tapered pickup ring in white... I searched high and low, they just don't exist :mad: Cream, black, silver and gold are my only options. I found white pickup rings from All Parts, but they're tapered, damn...

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
2 things: Where do you work to be able to screw with your new guitar?

And who the hell has 56k dial up anymore? :lol:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sexy, would totally have nabbed this if it had two pickups.

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sexy, would totally have nabbed this if it had two pickups.
Shit IF I had the cash I would have grabed it without the neck pickup..Probably would have had a Single installed there.

One Day I might actually decide to make a Warmoth Parts guitar 6er :lol:

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol @ falbo
That one was Randy's idea, it was too damn funny not to do.

2 things: Where do you work to be able to screw with your new guitar?

And who the hell has 56k dial up anymore? :lol:
I work at a hotel, unless housekeeping or the maintenance guy is here, i'm the ONLY employee in the building. Hell, the boss shows up about every two weeks for maybe an hour in the morning before leaving :lol:

It's nice having something to do. This is the second guitar i've wired up here. xD

And Zepp had dialup for a while up until recently. (wasn't really his fault though)

·
Registered
7,393 Posts
That one was Randy's idea, it was too damn funny not to do.

I work at a hotel, unless housekeeping or the maintenance guy is here, i'm the ONLY employee in the building. Hell, the boss shows up about every two weeks for maybe an hour in the morning before leaving :lol:

It's nice having something to do. This is the second guitar i've wired up here. xD

And Zepp had dialup for a while up until recently. (wasn't really his fault though)
Poor Zeppy :noplease:

I had a few friends that worked at a hotel here they were always on facebook when there :lol:

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Poor Zeppy :noplease:

I had a few friends that worked at a hotel here they were always on facebook when there :lol:
Yeah, I leave it up in the background. It's a boring fucking job. But the amount of free time I get to do shit like this is kinda awesome.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
if you have any sexy coworkers we demand pictures of them with partscaster and congrats dude.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; ADR6300 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Not anymore, unfortunately. Only old ladies left.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; ADR6300 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Not anymore, unfortunately. Only old ladies left.
I told you to keep your clothes on while you're at work.
:rofl:

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have some more plans for this guitar :burns:

Once I get paid that is. And assuming it's not gone by then.

>.>
<.<

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just plugged it in and tested it. Holy fuckballs this pickup sounds amazing in ash! I'm also proud that I finally wired a guitar that functioned properly when completed! Not a single problem :yesway:

I can't wait to play this through the 5150 II.

Got this guitar just in time too, I have to fill in for a buddy of mine in less than 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts