Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i just bought a pre-refined Parker Fly Deluxe :woot:

i love this thing! it's SO different from any other guitar i've owned or played so far. it has a very snappy bright sound which makes it sound incredibly tight, yet without sounding thin or harsh. i was at first skeptical about it being so light and was afraid it would be too bright sounding due to the poplar body, but it isn't at all. it sounds very balanced and full. it is also VERY comfortable to play while standing. i still have to get used at the upper horn pinching my chest while sitting. nothing dramatic, though. i guess i just have to slightly adapt the position how i hold the guitar.

·

745 Posts
Awesome! Looks like the same guitar Daniel Gildenlow was using during the early days of Pain of Salvation :) Congrats man!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
man, after spending some time with it, i'm completely in love with this guitar!
it's hands down the most comfortable guitar i've ever played when strapped, and it feels and plays so smooth it's just unreal. i have it set with 10-46s and tuned to D-standard although i normally use a .52 or .54 set for D, but it somehow feels and sounds right with this particular guitar. i might test something in between like a 11-48 in the future (still have to order the 11 spring for it, though)

it's been a long time since i've been this impressed by a guitar. i'm seriously considering selling some of my guitars and getting a mojo in the future after 'honeymoon' is over.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
it's hands down the most comfortable guitar i've ever played when strapped, and it feels and plays so smooth it's just unreal. i have it set with 10-46s and tuned to D-standard although i normally use a .52 or .54 set for D, but it somehow feels and sounds right with this particular guitar. i might test something in between like a 11-48 in the future (still have to order the 11 spring for it, though)

it's been a long time since i've been this impressed by a guitar. i'm seriously considering selling some of my guitars and getting a mojo in the future after 'honeymoon' is over.
I know how you feel :lol:
I went through a stage of wanting another fly after I got mine, but I soon realised that I don't use too many tunings, and it's reliable enough to gig without a backup, so I now only have the one guitar.
If I come into some excess money though, I'd get another one for sure, maybe a Nitefly as a backup or something, as they have the same neck construction.

Congrats man! I hope it gives you many years of smooth butter-like playability!

I tune down to D too, but use elixir 10 - 52's, and the tension is fine for the 10 spring, though I don't use the trem at all these days.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts

I know exactly what you mean. I was in a band with a guy that had a Parker and a Steinberger, and I was mostly playing those guitars at practice just because they were so comfortable to play.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
sounds like my kinda guy :yesway:
The Parker was towards the end. I probably played the Steinberger 90% of the time. I was into Vinnie Moore and Paul Gilbert, and he was into AC/DC and Zakk Wylde, so our music really sucked.

Plus the drummer started fucking his girlfriend, so all shit hit the fan.

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
The Parker was towards the end. I probably played the Steinberger 90% of the time. I was into Vinnie Moore and Paul Gilbert, and he was into AC/DC and Zakk Wylde, so our music really sucked.

Plus the drummer started fucking his girlfriend, so all shit hit the fan.
:rofl:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I tune down to D too, but use elixir 10 - 52's, and the tension is fine for the 10 spring, though I don't use the trem at all these days.
ok, cool. i'll try a 52-10 set next time i restring. how did you set up the spring? i've noticed there are a few slots where it can be fitted on the trem side. i already have the 10 spring failry compressed with 10-46 at D-standard, which makes me think it can be set stiffer by changing the slot

1 - 20 of 23 Posts