Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the final guitar arrived and I could have almost cried. a 1998 RGR580PL. It was rated a 'B' at the store I bought it from and they lied. This thing looks like NOS. Not a mark, not a scratch, not a single mark anywhere. The cosmo black hardware has not a single pit or spot of corrosion. It has all its hang tags and tools and trem arm, none of which appear to have been used.

This ticks almost every box for many people, myself included. It's white, reverse headstock, maple board, original Edge trem, MAHOGANY BODY and it's perfectly clean.

Vault Boy approves of this guitar.

And a family shot of my RG's, minus my old greenie and my 7321.

I think my RG GAS is satiated for the moment. Not much more I could want from one that I don't already have in the collection.

However I did end up purchasing one more guitar on a whim yesterday but that doesn't arrive till next week. This time it's NOT and RG or a Caparison. XD

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
:scream2:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Dude, nice! Do you generally buy from the same store?

I'm glad I know I can't do FR style bridges or this thread would spell trouble :lol:

·
\m/ \m/
5,983 Posts
6 you just made the land of OZ the best place on earth.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dude, nice! Do you generally buy from the same store?

I'm glad I know I can't do FR style bridges or this thread would spell trouble :lol:
No, I get them from a range of stores and also private sales. I have some people in Japan that I pay to handle private sales for me and I use a brokerage service for buying from stores and have a few contacts at various stores around the place. That way I can track down as many things as I can.

6 you just made the land of OZ the best place on earth.

What's mental is that from when it arrives at the brokers to getting delivered here only takes 3 days. It's awesome.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Your system seems to work incredibly well :yesway:.

·
Registered
517 Posts
No, I get them from a range of stores and also private sales. I have some people in Japan that I pay to handle private sales for me and I use a brokerage service for buying from stores and have a few contacts at various stores around the place. That way I can track down as many things as I can.
Yakuza confirmed :agreed:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 46 Posts