Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in February I ordered a Carvin Jason Becker guitar. And it arrived a few weeks ago. If you are thinking of Carvin/Keisel, do it. There have been a few people that have had issues with workmanship and customer service, but most companies have one-off issues now and then, so it didn't dissuade me in ordering. Besides, I ordered one in 2009, and it's still one of my regular players.
Now, the guitar. I LOVE 80's GUITARS. So, Keisel Racing Green was my choice of color.
24 frets, flamed maple fretboard, Floyd Rose trem, and ultra smooth tung oil neck. I just can't put this thing down. The active electronics take a little getting used to, but there are a lot of great tones in them.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Cool looking guitar, and happy you're happy with it. No way in hell I'd order from them again though.

·
Denim and metal
44 Posts
Nice! The control layout is what all twin-humbucker guitars should have. I'm guessing volume and tone for each, and that the toggle switches are split for each of them. Is the third one a kill switch?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The two top knobs are vol and tone. The vol knob I push/pull for active/passive electronics. The bottom two knobs are bass boost/cut and mid boost/cut when in active mode. The two switches beside each other are for switching each hum bucker to single coil. And the last switch is a 20db boost.
In active mode, you have to be careful because it's easy to over do the bass and mid knobs.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I love it! Jason would be proud of that one.

Aside from the whole Kiesel thing and the issues they've with them lately, all of the 4 or 5 Carvins I've owned previously have been great. Craftsmanship has been top notch. Would I order a new one now? Not in a million. But I'd certainly buy an older model 'used' again.

·
Tarantula Lobbyist
5,281 Posts
20db boost? Thats a lot of boost! Love that color though, enjoy your guitar :)

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Nice! The control layout is what all twin-humbucker guitars should have.
However, the reason why the vast majority of dual humbucking guitars don't have those controls is because the majority doesn't want them ;)

OP, gorgeous colour choice. Glad you like it.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
20db boost? Thats a lot of boost! Love that color though, enjoy your guitar :)
That isn't any more than a volume boost pedal would have. Certainly manageable anyway, isn't it?

The trem looks really really close to the bridge pickup. Is that just an illusion? I really like the green, definitely a hot color. Put me in the "never again" camp, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts