Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been Gasing for a single Humbuker Top Mounted FR for some time, just the basic and nothing else, so last week once more browsing Reverb and what did I spot? An EVH Striped BW that had a lower price (with free shipping) than most I see for sale in France. Since I could even make an offer I though why not? It was a Guitar Shop in the South and I though they most certain wont take it. So I made my offer and 5-10 min later I had a message saying that they accepted it :eek:

Quick message to the seller to asking to make sure the guitar would not arrive on a weekend since I always make them come to my work instead of home and 4 days later she arrived and it even brought a Gig Bag (the 25-30 euros ones) that I wasn't expecting.

Enough Blablabla, here are some cellphone pics.

If it didn't had some signs of Fretboard usage I would say it was Brand New, even the freaking Plastic Film is still on the Pickguard.

Neck feels Raw and I mean like Raw wood, its not as smooth as my Charvel one but its not raw in the sense of bad, its different. Its maybe a tiny bit more thicker than the Charvel. Fretwork is just awesome, no sharp edges anywhere, its light and even if it has a Pickguard its actually a "Fake" since it the pickup is direct mounted (only the Humbucker routing) on the Body and its very resonant unplugged which I wasn't expecting.

Action is a tiny bit high for my liking (maybe 1.7-1.8 mm on HighE 12th fret )and since the FR is Flushed already into the Body I will make a quick Neck Shim next time I replace Strings, this ones are shinny new so I assume the store replaced them before sending it.

The pickups ROCKS!!!! Im so used now to the V8 (I only have the RG 550 with me here) that this one makes the V8 sound like a bastard unwanted child. I have another EVH with the same pickups (Wolfgang Standard) but in here it seem to sound even better.

Super pleased with my purchase, although it was the Bumblebee I would had preferred but... those never appear on values im willing to pay for used. One day ;)

I was also thinking in replacing the Black Pickguard with an Acrylic Transparent one kinda like the Floral Jems have, but now I'm not so sure.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
YUS!

Now, complete the badassery by ripping out that volume pot at once!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys :)

I'm starting to think I prefer 22 fret guitars over 24 frets. I forgot to say that the Frets on this thing are not as big as the Charvel or Ibanez ones, but they don't seem Medium, or maybe they are.

Also im in love again with this pickup :D

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
Nice! Now I want one too...

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts