Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who do not visit ss.org or 7heaven.org too often......I received this today in the mail:

DISCLAIMER - I suck at taking photos!!!!!

Once I spend more time with it, I'll post a review, but I have to say, I'm impressed! I have not recorded any clips of it yet, as I have to make a patch on the PODX3 that suits it better. In short:

:woohoo:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Dethphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Is it just me (or the photos), but is everything on that guitar sort of asymmetrical? The lower horn is super-thick compared to the upper horn, and the ways doesn't look quite the same on each side.

Looks really nice though! You should put some black pinstriping tape faux binding on the body and headstock.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! I wish I was able to take better pics, because the pics I have do not do it justice. It plays much better than the last Septor I owned, hell, better than all of the other Agiles I've owned.

Darren, I think I'm going to leave it as it is. Call me crazy, but I like it!

As for Ibanez 7-strings, I've owned a RG7321 and have played a RG1527 and a Universe and for 6-strings, I've owned a RG320 and a 1987 Roadstar. The neck on this Septor is pretty thin, but not Wizard 1 thin. The neck very comfortable to play on and no where near as thick as a Schecter Hellraiser or Blackjack.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Do you own any Ibanez guitars? I'm just curious how the necks compare in thickness.
Having owned both, I'll chime in. The biggest difference is profile rather than thickness. On Ibanez necks (basing this off my RG7421) the neck is thin, and has prominent "shoulders" and that flat spot on the back where the thumb goes. On the Agile, the neck is marginally thicker (but still pretty thin,) but rather than shoulders and a flat spot, it's a fairly even curve from edge to edge. I vastly preferred it, and found it very comfortable. But then again, I've always preferred round over flat, regardless of the thickness. Thin+round is a win for me

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
White guitars + black hardware = WIN :metal:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I don't visit any other websites, let alone forums :lol:

Nice axe :yesway:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts