Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this PRS used a while ago and made some upgrades to the hardware. I installed black pickup rings and a 3-way switch tip. I swaped the pickups to Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates bridge and Alnico Pro II Neck. Holy shit how great this guitar is now!

I was really suprised the quality of this guitar. Great fretwork and finish. Maybe too thick varnish coat, but that's what you get from Korean made guitars i guess. The neck is thick and reminds me of Gibsons 50's neck. Bird inlays look very very nice. Just look at them! All in all i'm very happy of this guitar. It looks so good in Black/Nickel and the quality is superb in this price range.

PRS SE 245 vs Gibson Les Paul Traditional

I made a quick comparison between this PRS and my Gibson les paul Traditional. Nothing scientific. Just to see if there's any big differences in the tones (600€ vs 1300€). My Les Paul has Seth Lover set, so both guitars are in the same ballpark to me.

Gibson Les Paul Rhythm

PRS SE 245 Rhythm

Gibson Les Paul Clean

PRS SE 245 Clean

Pictures

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! I was thinking of using this PRS as my backup guitar... but now it looks like, it may be the main guitar.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry to rape your phones. Won't do it again. I resized the pictures on the OP.

Mods: Are they ok now?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This thing is nice bro. Honestly the only way you would know it is an SE is if you look at it on the head stock. From far away it looks like the a high end PRS.
Thanks man! I agree. Looks better than some of the USA models. What more important is, that it plays very nice and has a great tone.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

DropTheSun said:
Thanks guys! I was thinking of using this PRS as my backup guitar... but now it looks like, it may be the main guitar.
That's what happened to me :lol: Ended up putting Graphtech piezo bridge and pre-amp, Gibson pickups, and Gotoh tuners in it, basically doubling what I spent on it, but it just had to be my main player so it had to have the features and sounds I needed :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts