Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

First off I should apologize as I have been a bit late with posting this, we have been hard at work on the new Periphery album, and I just haven't had time to take some pics of the guitar as we have been working when the light has been ideal.

I was talking to the Aristides guys about how much I love my 060 Strat and how it has seen quite a bit of use on the new album's demos, and one thing led to another and before we knew it I had a 7 string strat spec'd!

This one, like my 060, has no wood on it at all. The body is Arium and the fretboard is Richlite, but we opted for the "ebony" look this time around. The finish is a Blue/Green Chameleon which admittedly is a bit tough to capture due to the very nature of Chameleon finishes, but it really looks fantastic. They also made sure to have the back of the neck in a Satin finish as I much prefer the feel of that to a glossy neck.

I opted for a 26.5 inch scale as I just can't go back to 25.5 on a 7 after hearing the positive sonic/intonation benefits of the 26.5, especially in my Drop Ab tuning. The guitar is strung with D'addario NYXL 10-52 + 64 which I think works quite wonderfully with its current setup.

For pickups I went with my personal favorite combo of BKP Strat pickups. The Trilogy Suite bridge with the Mother's Milk neck and middle. The Trilogy suite is a rather fat sounding bridge, and I'm personally not the biggest fan of the thinner Strat bridge sound, so that's why I went with that. I have to say that it pairs exceptionally well with the low string, where it sounds like that perfect middle point between the meat of a humbucker and the attack and spank of a single coil.

For hardware I went with my goto Hipshot bridge and Hipshot locking tuners.

The guitar obviously sounds rich on clean and midgain sounds, and it has a wonderful amount of sustain as well. I have to say I am a bit shocked at how well it works with high gain tones and in a more Metal context, I'm going to have some fun experimenting with that.

Anyways, that's enough talk for now, here are some pics:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
The fact you, somehow, ordered a seven string Strat without a maple fretboard is logic, defying, sir.

(looks awesome anyway!)

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fact you, somehow, ordered a seven string Strat without a maple fretboard is logic, defying, sir.

Haha if I had gone for a wood fretboard, I would unquestionably have gone for maple. However with Richlite, the color is purely aesthetic, and I figured I got a light blue one with a maple look for the 6 so maybe go darker for the 7.

(looks awesome anyway!)

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
bulb got a new guitar and it's not blue, it's blue-ish!

Stop the presses.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Needs trem!

Pretty otherwise, though.

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks pretty cool. What's with the ginormous rear cavity?
Basically the guitar is chambered in the back, I think it has to do mainly with the fact that the guitar would weigh significantly more if they didn't do that. It also, predictably, provides access to the electronics etc.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Misha, is it just the ole green/blue flip-flop? Similar to what Gibson was doing on some Les Paul Studio's in the 90's ("flip flop teal")? I also dig the finish, but that's because I'm a sucker for blue and green guitars :yesway:

·
glass enthusiast
1,665 Posts
Nice one. Aristides are awesome and nice choice on the scale length and paint job.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Awesome! :yesway:

I saw this on Instagram a while ago. Aristides have really been building some killer looking and sound guitars lately. I've been tempted to spec a 060 with them myself for later in the year!

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Haha if I had gone for a wood fretboard, I would unquestionably have gone for maple. However with Richlite, the color is purely aesthetic, and I figured I got a light blue one with a maple look for the 6 so maybe go darker for the 7.
Oh, I'm just being a dick. :lol: My seven string strat GAS, once a thing of legend, has abated somewhat over the years (turns out I prefer H-H superstrats after all, provided I can coil tap them), but I bet I'd still dig the shit out of that, whatever the fretboard is made out of. :yesway:

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cool, The color is unreal, I bet it looks a lot different in person.
Ah it does look pretty different at times, it's so tough to get the flip flop to come out correctly, especially because it works at certain angles that just don't make for the best pictures.

SELL ME YOUR NG-2 THOUGH
Misha, is it just the ole green/blue flip-flop? Similar to what Gibson was doing on some Les Paul Studio's in the 90's ("flip flop teal")? I also dig the finish, but that's because I'm a sucker for blue and green guitars :yesway:
Yeah that's exactly right!

Oh, I'm just being a dick. :lol: My seven string strat GAS, once a thing of legend, has abated somewhat over the years (turns out I prefer H-H superstrats after all, provided I can coil tap them), but I bet I'd still dig the shit out of that, whatever the fretboard is made out of. :yesway:
Haha I hear ya! For me it's more that I'm covered on HH Superstrats with my Juggernaut, so now the only things I am really interested in acquiring are well made unique and interesting guitars.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Haha I hear ya! For me it's more that I'm covered on HH Superstrats with my Juggernaut, so now the only things I am really interested in acquiring are well made unique and interesting guitars.
Otherwise known as "the good life" :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts