Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, thanks to Shannon for offering me this. What started off as an offer of a neck turned into me buying the whole guitar :lol: Plus the guy REALLY knowns how to pack a guitar. Lots of those air filled bags, a good sturdy box stapled shut with those industrial staples and lots of stickers for the dickhead workers to warn them that they might need to handle the package carefully.

Anyway, what I've bought is Donnie/Shannon's old BSB RG7. It's based on a Patric Sims alder body with RG7620 hardware. That includes pickups for now, but my BKP's will, go in it tomorrow when I can dig my soldering iron out. The neck is fantastic, virtually the same profile as the block heel UV's, which is actually kind of a bugger. I was planning on getting a reversed headstock neck with a maple board made for it by Sims Customshop (UK), but with a neck this good I can't do it. Maybe I'll get them to swap the board instead sometime.

Anyway, these are Shannon's picks as it's without strings right now, having only been put back together ~20mins ago. I will sort out a singlecoil for the middle position, but I'm not sure what yet. I've moved the volume back to the stock location and I'll be fitting a toggle killswitch in the tone location. Proper pic's once it's back together. For those coming to the UK jam you'll get then chance to give this a go.

Headstock needs torching and an Ibanez logo:

Cavities were routed slightly of centre:

As Donnie put it together originally (the yellow stuff ended up in the Stryperverse):

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
You weird Brits and your weird guitars. Doesn't 7DT have something similar, or is this the same one? :lol:

·
Pallin' around
9,532 Posts
Nice James! Shame about the off-center route, but the neck being great makes up for that X10. This is a sweet guitar!

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Which BKPs will you be installing? A Slow Hand or Irish Tour would be good matches for the single-coil, the IT is brighter and grittier.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Glad it ended up in a good home. :metal:

And if that's the same neck, when I originally got it, it was pretty beat. I cleaned it up, sanded down the back and made it a bit thinner and tung oiled the crap out of it. It came out REALLY nice. :yesway:

Enjoy it, brother! :metal:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I have one of the Donholio Neck Sands of Glorious Awesome on my Brian Moore that I bought from him, and I can attest that the man has the touch.

And soft hands. And nipples that taste like buttermilk. :vince:

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
:wub: My nipples are like pancakes so...

I wish you could play the Roudness Star. The neck on it is penis hardening awesome. :agreed:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
The level of ghey in this thread has reached turgid, swollen levels.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
:fever:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You weird Brits and your weird guitars. Doesn't 7DT have something similar, or is this the same one? :lol:
James has a genuine BSB Jem and he has an ash bodied UV with a handle painted red and blowtorched. It'd be cool to get pics of that and mine together, kinda scorched twins.

Nice James! Shame about the off-center route, but the neck being great makes up for that X10. This is a sweet guitar!
It's on the back, I can live with that. I mean, it's a Sim's body, it'll never be perfect :lol:

Which BKPs will you be installing? A Slow Hand or Irish Tour would be good matches for the single-coil, the IT is brighter and grittier.
Warpig bridge, Nailbomb neck. The same pickups that were in the black KXK I had.

What is it with you guys and blowtorching guitars? :lol:
Hey, I've always liked the BSB Jems, plus I couldn't say no at this price. With the exchange rate working in my favour this cost me less than I got for my RGA and only slightly more than buying a replacement body for an RG7620.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

And if that's the same neck, when I originally got it, it was pretty beat. I cleaned it up, sanded down the back and made it a bit thinner and tung oiled the crap out of it. It came out REALLY nice. :yesway:

Yeah, sounds like it's the same neck. Shannon said you guys tung oiled it, plus the serial no's gone. The profile feels like pure win now, I can't wait to play it.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
It's on the back, I can live with that. I mean, it's a Sim's body, it'll never be perfect :lol:
And just for the record, I knew full well that they were off center when I bought it from him. He cut me a killer deal on it because of that. :yesway:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Slight change of plan. I've strung it up with the New 7's still in it as my BKP's are going back to base. They'll return looking something like this:

Should look awesome with the burnt body finish :hbang:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
That's a nice greeeen.

That pic of it with all the pickups in it looks awesome. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts